Project Xeno - Xbox Series S Inside Original Xbox

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Trojans Ghost, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Trojans Ghost

Trojans Ghost Resident

Hey guys,

Not been on here for some time, but I have been spending some time trying to into the current gen Xbox scene, making the jump from my RGH 360, but with a twist!
    So originally my plan was to try and put an Xbox One X inside an Original shell. I saw a couple of relatively poor attempts and thought that maybe this could be done better. Then the week the build was going to be started Starfield came out and changed everything after noticing it was X/S only. I needed to play that! So after thinking the Series X might fit and figuring out it was just way to weirdly shaped I turned to the Series S, and this coincided with the release of the Black 1TB version. This fits with plenty of room to spare, so I opted for a few other additions inside also. I've gone for it's own independent WiFi hub and a couple of 5TB Western Digital HDD's so store games on etc.
    It has had 4 USB's fitted to replace to 4 front controller ports and the ports at the rear are being worked on to put the HDMI and sync button at the rear. Luckily the original slot where the AV port is was a perfect fit for the Seagate expansion card. I'm planning on adding 3 Hyperkin controllers. The Duke, X91 and the newer Xenon, alongside the one it comes with.

I have put a couple of small videos of the work in progress build on YouTube if you want to check out its progress.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/dfh8wp_iQzk

This has been 6 months in the making and I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of the month.

Thanks for reading!

InsaneNutter likes this.
  2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Now that is a pretty nice mod! I love how you've got a 4g modem in there and a couple of hard drives. Everything you need in the case.

With something like a Jackery Portable Power Station and a little screen you could take that Xbox on the road and game online anywhere you can get mobile signal.

Do keep us updated on any progress.