How Pokemon GBA Distribution Cartridges Are Cloned - Re Write / Flashing GBA Development Cartridges

Discussion in 'News' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 18, 2019.

By InsaneNutter on Dec 18, 2019 at 9:41 AM
  1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

pokemon-gba-distribution-replicate.jpg

Over the years I’ve been working with others in the Pokemon Community to preserve at least one of each Gen 3 event Pokemon and as many Gen 3 distributions as possible, it soon became apparently that the Pokemon Gen 3 event distributions been sold on GBA Development Cartridges on Ebay we’re replications / clones. I’m not using the word “fake” here as the software been sold on these development cartridges is legitimate, however it’s a copy been passed off as the original and sold for a lot of money. (€1000+ )

Our group worked out how this was been done earlier in the year, and quite honestly anyone could do this with the hardware you have at home now. Yet this information is not widely known, many perceive you need old GBA development kits with obscure hardware / software that won’t run on modern computers.

The reality is you simply need an Nintendo DS and a Flash Card.

We decided it’s best for the community if this information is out there and readily available, as its already been abused at this point so we’re only benefiting people misusing this by keeping quiet.

With that in mind today I’m we’re publishing two guides, one aimed at the Pokémon event preservation community to raise awareness and one aimed more at the console homebrew enthusiast / developer who might whish to developed their own GBA homebrew and test it on proper GBA development hardware.

Read more on the posts below:

How Pokemon GBA Distribution Cartridges Are Replicated and Sold For €1000’s

Flash / Write Official GBA Development Flash Carts With An Nintendo DS

Miroslava Grigosh and Deoxyz like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 18, 2019.