2 Questions About My Galaxy S2

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 14461, Jul 29, 2012.

1. hey everyone just a few questions :)

the first one is does duel booting use more battery because since i have installed a 2nd rom it hasent lasted long (I have had both data and wifi on that probly wouldent have helped) (Android OS & Android System have boon using most of it)
    (also i have been flashing a few roms and wiping and backing up that might make it not last long)

The Roms Are:

AOSP
    Salman ROM (Galaxy S3 Rom For Galaxy S2)

also

Wats the best ICS Rom Based on aokp for speed?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :)

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

First how long is not long?

Also do you get a strong signal for both Wi-Fi and mobile data? if you are in an area with a weak signal and have a weak Wi-fi signal that will drain your battery a lot faster. This is because the phone is having to use more power to keep the connection alive.

If you have a lot of apps installed one of them could be stopping the phone from going to sleep when idle, that again would drain the battery.

You could try installing Juice Defender, that can totally disable your data / wi-fi when the screen is not on, then randomly enable it to check for new push notifications such as email, that should help with battery life.

3. Well It Went From 100% to 30 in 2 hours

yep both 3 bars signal and wifi

i do have allot of apps installed

i turn data off when not needed

(it is draining it really fast now that i turned data off its used 2 percent in about say 3 hours (and i left facebook open that whole time)

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Is that two hours of solid use? if you have had the screen on for 2 hours, say watching a movie, or streaming over a data connection that will kill the battery. However if your phone has been idle for the last 2 hours then something is likely not letting the phone sleep.

Example, my phone has been off charge for an hour and a half and the battery has drained 2%, however all its really done is received two push notifications for a new emails.

If you look at Android OS in battery usage in that hour and a half it has been awake 2 mins and 27 seconds, which is about right.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Compare that to your stats, if the phone has been awake for 2 hours and the screen has been off for 2 hours then you need to find out what app is keeping the phone awake. It could also be the cause of your custom rom, i have had buggy roms in the past which have not let the phone sleep, so in regards to that you need to find out if anyone else has battery issue with the rom you have flashed.