$300 bundle = Xbox 360 Elite, Halo 3 and Wireless Network Adapter

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by InsaneNutter, Aug 24, 2009.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

[​IMG]

GameZine report it looks like the Xbox 360 Elite model will be dropping to $300, but with a wireless network adapter included.

Now that's even more promising! Having to cough up $100 for wireless gaming on the Xbox 360 has always been a little bit hard to swallow, especially considering that the PlayStation 3 has the functionality built in.

An Xbox 360 Elite bundle has arrive online at the Canadian retailer The Source, including the 120GB Elite, Halo 3 and a wireless network adapter:

"Limited Edition Xbox 360 Elite Halo 3 Bundle includes all the same features and accessories in an ELITE 120GB console (wireless controller included) but includes a bonus Halo 3 game and wireless network adapter!"

The price? $325 Canadian dollars, which converts to approximately $301 US dollars.

Now this offer would really put Microsoft's console in direct competition with the newly announced PS3 Slim, with the only functionality and price differences being the PS3's Blu-ray drive (Netflix can fulfil some of this need in the US) and free online.

There's no evidence that this bundle will make its way out of Canada, with the "limited edition" nature of the deal further questioning the length of the promotion. But we still believe that the Xbox 360 Pro will be phased out with a price-dropped Elite taking its place, even though Microsoft failed to announce anything at GamesCom in Cologne, Germany.

Attached Files:

2. ShockResist

ShockResist Resident

this is a great deal.

3. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Just thought id mention in Tescos today I saw for £140, a Xbox 360 Pro (60gb), Halo 3 and Project Gothem Racing.

Only £20 more than a core (before the price rise), and 2 games and a hard drive!

4. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

Those are both good deals! Makes me a bit mad that I paid $400 for my Elite and had already spent the $100 for the network adapter.

5. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I might sell my 360 and get that one

6. KillerWhiteMan

Do you have the 20 gig?

7. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Yes the wretched 20GB AKA 13.9GB

8. KillerWhiteMan

Wretched indeed. I am glad I have the 120 gig HDD. Saves me the trouble of having to delete demos and videos constantly.

9. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Yeah, that would also make it more convenient for me. As with the new HD it should get rid of all the damn extra folders, when you delete a trial, demo, downloaded to HD 360 game it will create a folder but when you delete it, the folder will remain on the HD. The new Hard Drive would rid me of all the extra folders...until I fill them again.

10. KillerWhiteMan

That makes it hard to find if you download the thing again for uploading purposes as it does not replace the old folder, or the date on the folder.

11. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Exactly.

LMAO, it says it comes with silver. Good thing, I thought I was gonna be gold forever.

12. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Backup your saves and format it.
    It really annoys me too to be honest and I’ve not bothered to do that either lol ;)

13. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Price cuts happen Friday. Though it didn't mention anything about Halo 3 or the Wireless adapter.