50% off Left 4 Dead (This Weekend Only)

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by xzKinGzxBuRnzx, Feb 13, 2009.

1. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

[​IMG]

This weekend only you can get Left 4 Dead on steam for $24.99 USD / £13.49 GBP

Left 4 Dead is a co-operative, survival horror, first-person shooter video game. It was developed by Turtle Rock Studios, which was purchased by the Valve Corporation part-way into development. The game uses the Source engine, and is available for Windows and the Xbox 360.

The game pits four Survivors of an apocalyptic pandemic against hordes of aggressive infected. There are three game modes: a single player mode in which allied characters are controlled by AI, a four-player, co-op Campaign mode, and an eight-player Versus mode. In all modes, an AI, dubbed "The Director", controls level pacing and item spawns, in an attempt to create a dynamic experience and increase replay value.

2. Assassin

Assassin Addict

>_< I just bought this last week!

3. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Unlucky Assassin but I'm sure you'd agree that Left for Dead is worth every penny even at the cost of any newly released game. If any of you have been hesitant buying it, maybe after playing the demo (the full game is much much better) I'd get it this weekend. You won't find a better online Co-op experience (yes I do think it's better than Gears of War 1 and 2).

4. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

This is a great co-op game. I have my girlfriend addicted to this game now so we play it whenever we get a chance. If anybody isn't sure about getting it, please jst get it. I like long single player games so I wasn't sure about this. I ended up buying it and I still love playing it over and over never gets old.

5. Assassin

Assassin Addict

It's pretty cool, but it's really short.. Only four campaigns which take about an hour each, and after finished them, personally I don't really feel like playing them over again, so then there's the versus mode, which is cool for a while but does get boring.. They should have added more stuff.

6. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

The game is fun enough to play through with 4 people, however there's only so many times you can complete each campaign before it becomes a bit boring.

I'm hoping for an update to add more content :)

7. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

I might get bored of the game eventually. With the new survival expansion pack coming I can't see that happening for a while :D. If I do get bored of it hopefully they'll release new maps and expand the story a bit.