6 Reasons Gamers Already Prefer The PlayStation 4 To Xbox One

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by luckyvic, Jun 11, 2013.

1. luckyvic

luckyvic Addict

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I'm not seeing any positive news about the Xbox One at the moment at all. It's been slammed by just about everyone. Its amazing how the little 3 letter word DRM can change the playing field so dramatically.

I wonder if Microsoft will actually take any of this on board or just carry on and ignore customer concerns like with Windows 8.

3. luckyvic

luckyvic Addict

I have an Xbox & Xbox 360 and would to continue with the Xbox One, but in it's current state. I'm not going and getting a PS4 either, $399 is still a lot and no Halo.

4. seanpr92

seanpr92 Godlike

TBh with microsofts buisness strategy i dont think they see sony as a competitor i think they see apple as a competitor lol

5. luckyvic

luckyvic Addict

Never underestimate your competitor (opponent, enemy & etc.). Not wise at all.

6. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

I like the PS4. I think it has a better design, cheaper, faster, less DRM restrictions, and better indie game support. Although its hard to switch when all your friends have Xbox 360 currently and wanting Xbox One. Not to mention there will be no Halo or Gears on PS4. Which there was a very impressive Halo trailer at E3. ;(

Hard it is to make a decision because of those two facts. :( Which console do you guys intend on getting?

7. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

I prefer PS4 to Xbox One, but better console design? The damn thing looks like a... an eraser or something. Don't know who came up with that god awful design.

I'll not be buying an XO at all, PS4? Yes.

8. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I agree the PS4 design looks horrible, however tbh that doesn't really matter at the end of the day.

Third-party publishers can dictate DRM terms for Playstation 4 games too, so who knows how that will eventually turn out. I think in a year or two's time the likes of EA / Ubisoft are going to implement some sort of DRM given the chance... they appear to do that on various PC games.

Now to that was to happen your going to end up with a big mess of various clients / services you need to log in to in order to play your games (like on the PC with Origin, Ubisofts thing (forgot what its called, its in Trials Evolution on PC) Rockstar Social Club, Games for Windows Live, Steam)

If that was to happen then the Xbox will end up been the better solution, sure i agree the DRM sucks, however i would sooner it was all done with one account by one central entity. Like Xbox Live, ive always liked that servers for games where studios that have gone bust are still on-line today.

I think this E3 has made the decision of purchasing a next gen console difficult. If you ignore the DRM the 360 is the clear winner in my book. I like the look of the new exclusive franchises more, the ability to share games with friends virtually e.g. i could share a game with KingBurns who is halfway across the world from me if i wanted to.

Plus all the existing exclusive franchises from this gen will still be on the console.

Eventually the Xbox One will be hacked anyway, just like the 360. So i would probably end up with two consoles, one for homebrew / hacks / offline gaming then my legit one to take advantage of the full Xbox One experience.

That's where i am at the moment and my thinking anyway, DRM aside the PS4 lineup just doesn't appeal to me like the Xbox does.

I personally feel i should get a console based on the games ill play otherwise ill end up regretting it.

jessenic likes this.