1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Age of Empires Online Download (Free to play Games for Windows Live game)

Discussion in 'Games' started by seanpr92, Aug 20, 2011.

1. seanpr92

seanpr92 Godlike

[​IMG]

Age of Empires Online is available now for direct download to your PC. The core of the game is free, and allows for 330 Gamerscore to be unlocked without spending a single earth dollar Xbox 360 Achievements report . However, the rest of the Gamerscore (and any upcoming DLC) is dependant upon purchasing some of the Premium Content. Thus, the Season Pass I, available now for a limited time. For $99.99 in the US or £74.99 in the UK you will receive every piece of content released for the game from today through the next six months, including all the premium civilizations, booster packs and the (relatively useless) "Empire "Extras" packs, which allow for the addition of extra decorations to your cities. Four of the "Empire Extras" are currently available via the game's official marketplace page for $4.99/£2.49 each... if you're that hard up for extra shrubbery.

[​IMG]

Premium Greek Civilization ($19.99/£14.99) - 260 Gamerscore - The greater your power, the greater your empire! Take your free-to-play Greek Civilization to the next level by unlocking Rare and Epic gear, Advisors, and Ranked PVP; increasing your Capital City warehouse storage; adding more Workshops; and receiving Coin when other players buy from your stores. For an unrivalled Age of Empires Online experience, get the Premium Greek Civilization Pack today!

Premium Egyptian Civilization ($19.99/£14.99) - 260 Gamerscore - Make all bow down to you, oh, great Pharaoh! Take your free-to-play Egyptian Civilization to the next level by unlocking Rare and Epic gear, Advisors, and Ranked PVP; increasing your Capital City warehouse storage; adding more Workshops; and receiving Coin when other players buy from your stores. For an unrivalled Age of Empires Online experience, get the Premium Egyptian Civilization Pack today!

Defense of Crete Booster Pack ($9.99/£4.99) - 150 DLC Gamerscore - Pack up your army and head to Crete! King Minos needs your help to defend his island from invaders—and he’s sure to enrich your coffers if you succeed. Beat back waves of relentless invaders as you protect the sacred Minoan Wonders from being destroyed. For even more fun, invite a friend to team up against the barbarian attackers. Earn new gear and awesome rewards for defending Crete!

Download at: Age of Empires Online

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2011
    InsaneNutter likes this.
  2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

The game has 36 achievements for a total of 1150 points. You can get around 333 gamerscore without buying any of the premium content.

Was going to post about this the other day but forgot, if you like Age of Empires you will probably enjoy this. You can get a fair bit of play time out if it without buying any premium content too :)

Updated your post and front paged it.

3. lem_is_cool

lem_is_cool Resident

I guess this is a good way for Microsoft to experiment with free to play games and see how much people are willing to pay for extra cheevos.

4. Mr.Needlemouse

Mr.Needlemouse Resident

@ lem is cool
    yeah microsoft dont wants "to stick ones neck out".
    @ all
    the beta worked without any problems on my PC
    but when I start the full game ,the client of the game tells me that the game is running (error message) and nothing happend
    I cant go to the game

5. InsaneNutter

I might get one booster pack as you can get the retail version here which contains the Premium Greek Civilization for £12.99 at the moment.

I dont fancy paying £15 per Civilization though when the game will have 4 of them by Christmas... that's £60 already. Then its £4.99 per booster pack... it might be free to get started, however its not exactly the cheapest game in the world if you want to buy more content for it.

Then again if you look at it the other way you can get a lot out the game for free, then for £12.99 you can get loads more out of it. So £12.99 for many hours play as one Civilization is not a bad deal at all.

Open your task manager and see if there is a process for the game, if it started and crashed it could still be running. For some reason it would just not work on my brothers PC, then when he logged on to a different account to try it worked perfectly.

6. seanpr92

seanpr92 Godlike

there was rumours last year that they are also going to bring f2p games to xbox live

7. Mr.Needlemouse

Mr.Needlemouse Resident

@insanenutter
    I will give it a try .
    the retail version dont content a disc ,only a download code for the DLC.

8. seanpr92

seanpr92 Godlike

been playing this since yesterday its pretty much like aoe2 although im only level 5 lol

9. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

Its more like AOE 3 if you ask me, as you keep your home city and it levels up. You also get to keep any unlocks for the next time you play, AOE 2 has none of that.

10. InsaneNutter

Indeed, however its cheaper than just buying the content on Live which is why I was thinking of it.

11. FluttershyQueen

FluttershyQueen New Member

Ahh, It says item is unavailable in your region :(

I really want to play this game !!

12. SilverTheGamer

SilverTheGamer Elite Member

Offline. Yup.