AirDroid - wirelessly manage and control your Android device from a web browser

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 5, 2011.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

This is a pretty neat app Nimrod told me about, you can send SMS messages, download files from your phone and much more all from your web browser. AirDroid works both over Wi-FI or with your phone connected to the PC via USB.

It appears to be a pretty new app, however works quite well. I had a bit of trouble sending an SMS at first, but i did work on the second try.

As you can see it pulls a lot of data from your phone and presents it in a nice desktop like web interface. It gives you lots of stats about your phone, options to manage things e.g. contacts. You can also move sms windows about, and minimise them like you would an instant messaging conversation on your PC.

[​IMG]

The file manager works very well too, handy if you dont want to connect a USB cable or get your phone from the other room just to download some files from it.

[​IMG]

You can also manage your contacts, photos, music and other content too.

I would probably mainly use it for sending SMS messages from the PC, although to be honest i can type really fast on a touch screen phone as it is and doing so from the actual pc does not really appeal to me.

Could be a life saver though if you left your phone at home and needed to send or check for an important text, presuming you have your home network setup so you can access it remotely.

I will be interested to see how this app advances anyway, defiantly one to keep an eye on: AirDroid on Android Market.