All You Need To Know To Start Secure Cloud Backups

Discussion in 'News' started by InsaneNutter, Jul 9, 2017.

By InsaneNutter on Jul 9, 2017 at 5:10 PM
  1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

cloud-backup.png

Backing up your important data is something not everyone does, backing up that important data off site in another location, also known as a cloud backup is something even fewer people do.

Until recently having a cloud backup is not something i've done either, however it is something i've thought about for a couple of years now, but could never find a system I was happy with.

You might be wondering why a backup of your most important data in a different location to your house is important?

Well what happens if your computer / backup hard drive got stolen, or some natural disaster such as a flood ruined your computer and backups? you would loose everything unless a copy of that data existed somewhere else.

The most easy solution is to backup your most important data up to the cloud, however for maximum security and privacy you only want to store encrypted data no one else can make use of, which is where things get a bit more difficult.

I've looked at a lot of different solutions and come up with something inexpensive that works great for multiple Windows or Mac computers.

View: Personal Encrypted Secure Cloud Backup - All You Need To Know

I'd also be interested to learn about your own cloud backup system if you have anything in place.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by InsaneNutter, Jul 9, 2017.