1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Amiga360 1.0 Download (P-UAE 2.3.3) - Amiga Emulator for the Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Libxenon Homebrew / Jtag & Reset Glitch Content' started by InsaneNutter, Sep 30, 2011.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Amiga360 by Lantus is more than just a game emulator, this is a complete emulation of a Amiga, you will have full access to applications such as an Internet browser, an IRC client etc.

Download Amiga360 1.0
    Download Amiga Kickstart Collection

Features:

- Based off P-UAE V2.3.3
    - Simple and easy to use GUI
    - Full Mouse/Keyboard support
    - OCS/ECS/AGA/Picasso96 emulation
    - Hardfile emulation
    - Savestate support
    - BSD Socket Emulation (experimental)
    - Filesystem emulation (experimental)
    - Drive click support
    - Prebuilt config files included.
    - Tested and working with Amiga-SYS, ClassicWB and AIAB

Installation:

The package contains 2 files.

Amiga360.xex – if you are running a retail (JTAG) console. Use this version.
    Amiga360-Dev.xex – if you have access to a devkit, this version will replace the analog stick mouse with real mouse support. Plug in a mouse into any USB port.

Note – you cannot run Amiga360-Dev.xex on a retail console.

Requirements:
    ============

Before you can run Amiga360. You need at least one valid KickStart rom image. It needs to be called 'kick.rom' and live in the KickStarts/ subfolder.

Once in place Amiga360 will now boot up to the KickStart screen.

Pressing Left Trigger at any time during emulation will pause Amiga360 and bring up the Menu.

Directory Structure:

Roms/ - Place adf images here. Use 'Disks' menu option to insert disk images. Use 'Hard Disk Images' menu options to mount/unmount harddrive images.
    Hardfiles/ - Place harddisk (hdf) images here. Use 'Hard Disk Images' menu to mount hdd images.
    Config/ - Place config files here. Use the 'Config Files' menu option to select/load and save a config
    KickStarts/ - Place kickstart rom images here. Use the 'KickStart' menu option to select and use a rom. To use Amiga360 you will need at least one kickstart rom called 'kick.rom' to exist in this folder.
    Save/ - This is the location of any savestates.

Mounting Filesystem Drives:

An example is in the config file 'Amiga-Sys'

filesystem2=rw,DH0:Usb0:\System,0
    filesystem=rw,System:Usb0:\System
    filesystem2=rw,DH1:Usb0:\Work,0
    filesystem=rw,Work:Usb0:\Work

This example is mounting 2 Amiga volumes DH0 and DH1 with volume names System and Work and are mapped to Usb0:\System and Usb0:\Work

Notes:

UI Configuration is not complete. For the more advanced tasks options you will need to directly modify configuration files.

BSDSocket emulation is not 100%. Tested and working apps include AWeb, Voyager, IBrowse, AmiIRC, YAM, AmiRSS, AmiTradeCenter and others. There are a small number of tcp/ip apps that do not work correctly.

Currently the GUI will only display roms in Game:\Roms

Bugs and Issues:

- There are slowdowns with certain games/demos. For now to workaround setting frameskip to 2 on this titles should be sufficient.
    - Picasso96 16/32bit screenmodes color pallete is incorrect. For now use 24 bit screens only.
    - Filesystem disk geometry size is incorrect.
    - There is no CD/CD32/CDTV support (yet)

Important Links:

ClassicWB - Classic Amiga Workbench

Greets and Thanks:

Gnostic, coz, cancerous, Razkar, Artik and Logic-Sunrise, idc and all Amiga fans worldwide!

Attached Files:

SyNtEr and grpracing like this.
  2. Brian_R

Brian_R New Member

messed up display using Picasso96 HDF

I love the emulator, it works great with my A1200 WHLoad HDF. I am tryingto get the Picasso96.hdf working on the 360 but i get a purple background and size appears too largeThe P96system.hdf that i am using (from Amiga Tribute disc) in Winuae on my laptop displays perfectly and works fine. I have checked and compared all settings on my laptop and 360 and they all appear to agree, there are some options not available on the 360 but judging by the video the p96 workbench should work fine on the 360. I've tried pretty well all combinations of memory, RTG, slow, fast, chip, z3 etc and all other available options and still no success

I am not that well versed in a start from scratch installation so i am hoping that there is a config file or a ready made hdf that someone can share (i have my own whdload key and games etc)

Any help greatly apprciated

thanks

3. moses_373

moses_373 Member

I've never actually any amiga games before, but I think I'll give this a shot! Thanks for the thorough tutorials by the way! So many people will slap a program onto the forums and then us noobs have to search all over the googleverse to find a detailed tutorial on how to install them!

4. Bob Schaus

Bob Schaus Active Member

really excited about this and have only ever heard of it here. thanks to the uploader. now i may not have to hook up my a500 every 6 months or so just to play 'Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge II'

5. outofwork

outofwork Member

Where do I find the Amiga emulator tutorial? I looked for it and for some reason can't seem to find it. Is there a direct link to the developer's web site for the emulator? Also, will a standard USB mouse and USB keyboard work with this emulator?

Thanks,
    outofwork

6. InsaneNutter

A USB keyboard will work with this emulator on all Xbox 360's, to use a USB mouse you must be running a Devkit kernel, or be running the emulator on an Xbox 360 devkit.

As for a tutorial there isn't really one, read the Requirements and Directory structure sections above, or in the read me. You need an Amiga kickstart rom in the KickStarts folder, then just put your roms (disk images) in the roms folder.

7. outofwork

outofwork Member

I tried a USB mouse and it didn't work because I wasn't using Amiga360-Dev.xex. Can I assume that I can just load that instead of Amiga360.xex and the mouse will work or must I have something on the XBox 360 to allow me to load Amiga360-Dev.xex? Also, what about using a USB joystick? Is that also possible? The "Enter" key requirement I assume must come from a USB keyboard and is not emulated on a XBOX 360 wireless controller. Is that correct?

Sorry for all the basic questions. I am really looking forward to playing all those great Amiga games without having to hook up all of my old Amiga gear which may not even work any longer.

Thanks,
    outofwork

8. InsaneNutter

Yes the mouse will just work with Amiga360-Dev.xex, as for a USB joystick i dont believe it will. You will have to use the 360 joypad.

To use that your console needs to be running a Dev nand, which as your running freeboot it will not: https://digiex.net/downloads/downlo...te-builder-jtag-rgh-xbox-360-a.html#post54683 see that link for RG loader. If you didnt hack the 360 your self i would just leave it as it as, as if you mess it up you will have a job on your hands fixing it.

I think you can map certain joypad buttons to a keyboard key e.g. x = enter and so on, its been a long time since i used the emulator.

9. outofwork

outofwork Member

Thanks for the feedback. No, I didn't hack the console myself but I am thinking about buying another one with a dual NAND and I think that would allow me to use the DEV kit and several other things as well. I assume that I could just load the Dev kit into the second NAND.

10. InsaneNutter

Yes with a dual nand setup you could have a normal Freeboot nand and a Dev nand, or even just a Dev nand and a stock nand for Xbox Live play.

11. shaps

shaps Member

does work with xbox360 Pal with freestyle dash 3 re775. if so can some please tell me where to put the emulator and roms with kickstarts. ive tried to follow the details here but no success. thanks

12. InsaneNutter

Download and unzip this kick.rom i have attached to this post.

Copy the kick.rom to the KickStarts subfolder, this will be in the folder your emulator resides in on your Jtag. It should work fine on your Xbox 360.

Attached Files:

• kick.zip
      File size:
      279.1 KB
      Views:
  13. shaps

shaps Member

does the emulator need to be on the internal drive or can i use it on the external, and is any special name i should use, thanks

14. InsaneNutter

You should be able to use it on both, i have only used it on the internal however.

Not sure what you mean by special name? just copy the emulator across and launch it as you would any other app.

15. shaps

shaps Member

yes sorry bout that. i meant in a folder called emulator or something like that, ive heard that some emulators need to be in certain folders. thanks

16. InsaneNutter

You should be fine without any special folder names.

17. shaps

shaps Member

got it working ok m8 thanks again, 1 more question. to pllay Amiga 1200 games can i put the amiga 1200kickstart rom in another folder and rename it kick.rom

18. InsaneNutter

Yup that's correct (Y)

19. shaps

shaps Member

well i got it working great, but how do i get a usb keyboard to work? TIA, and is a way to mount a drive to i can copy files off pc to the hardfile i created

20. shaps

shaps Member

can someone please tell me how to use 2 hardfiles, 1 with wb on and another with games etc on. its ok sorted it

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013