Artist Turns Dead Cat Into Helicopter

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by InsaneNutter, Jun 8, 2012.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

[​IMG]

An artist has turned his cat into a flying helicopter after it was killed by a car.
    Dutchman Bart Jansen stuffed Orville before teaming up with a radio control helicopter expert to attach propellers to each of its four paws.
    The cat - named after pioneering aviator Orville Wright - is now a piece of artwork. The "Orvillecopter" is on show at the Kunstrai art festival in Amsterdam.

Jansen said his creation is "half cat, half machine", and part of a visual art project to pay tribute to his pet.
    "After a period of mourning he received his propellers posthumously," he said.
    The Orvillecopter currently struggles to fly steadily, a problem Jansen has promised to fix.
    "He will receive more powerful engines and larger props for his birthday. So this hopping will soon change into steady flight."

Source: Cat Flap: Dead Pet Turned Into Helicopter - Yahoo! News UK

Attached Files:

2. Michael_T

Michael_T Addict

I don't like this at all . Don't do things with dead Animals !!!
    People can kill each other , i don't have a problem with that .
    But animal cruelty i can't stand for a bit ! Even if the cat was dead . Try doing that with a dead person .
    I hope that SOB gets busted , because we have animal police in the Netherlands .

3. RazzleDazzle

RazzleDazzle Elite Member

You must REALLY hate Damien Hirst.