Bayonetta

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by MasterChief, Nov 3, 2009.

1. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

[​IMG]

Bayonetta​ is an action game for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 (PS3) game consoles, directed by Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe series creator Hideki Kamiya at Platinum Games in cooperation with publisher Sega. Set in a fictional city in Europe, the game centers on its title character Bayonetta, who can wield four handguns—among other weapons—and perform magical attacks to defeat various enemies. The game has five difficulty settings; its two easiest ones contain a game mode playable with only one button, similar to a mode Kamiya used in Devil May Cry. Its characters were designed with modern style and fashion in mind, while its music is largely upbeat and feminine.

The game was developed since around January 2007, and was released in Japan in late October 2009. It has been promoted through a television commercial with music by Japanese pop singer MiChi, look-alike searches, a theme for the Google Chrome Web browser, and an upcoming photo book and soundtracks. Critical reviews of pre-release versions have praised its easily learned moves, fast pace, boss battles, "Witch Mode" slowdown mechanic, and character and stage designs. However, they lamented inconsistent frame rates, duller graphics, and technical issues in its PS3 port, as well as its use of camera angles in both versions.

I hear the game is out in some regions, anyone got it yet?

I downloaded the demo from Digiex and loved it, too bad the 360 version is region locked (N) its times like this I want a PS3.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I was sold on the introduction, didn’t think it was a game I would like but I really got in to it.

At the moment I’m up to chapter 4 on the Xbox 360 version, some of the boss battles are just stupidly hard though. I don’t even think there proper bosses but them “animals” (no idea what there called) that chew you like dogs are stupidly hard to kill though, especially when there’s two of them.

Finally a game Sega are associated with that’s good! :O

3. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

How are you playing the game on a UK console? i notice its region locked for the 360 play-asia say?

4. InsaneNutter

Playing on a console that’s region is NTSC-J.

5. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

Thought they might be a free loader like the Wii has, o-well lol

Might buy it from play-asia and play it on my bro’s ps3 ;)

6. InsaneNutter

Anyone have any tips for the chapter 4 boss battle? I’m beyond stuck on it…

The guy who made the video makes it look like a piece of cake 8o|

[video=youtube;9rbhsxexLKI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rbhsxexLKI[/video]

7. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

I got my copy of the game the other day and am stuck exactly where you are... :( have you managed to beat it yet?

This boss has to be one of the most beautifully rendered in game scenes ive ever seen… :O

8. InsaneNutter

Yes i finally defeated it after many many attempts, i froze time with the right trigger then just smashed him in the face with the y and x button atacks to get his health down.

Good luck!