1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

BBC iPlayer Download for Xbox 360 Metro Dashboard

Discussion in 'Apps (Xbox 360)' started by InsaneNutter, Mar 25, 2012.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

[​IMG]

Info:

The BBC iPlayer app for the Xbox 360, this download is ip locked and likley only works from within the UK, the same as the BBC iPlayer website.

Download:

Download BBC iPlayer for Xbox 360 Metro Dashboard

Inject in to the Content\0000000000000000 folder on your hard drive / usb drive.

j00na5 likes this.
  2. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

Tried it, the application runs fine and shows the content but then it shows up something like "it's currently unavailable".

In other words, UK-only.

My Xbox 360 is from UK, and my Xbox LIVE account is also from UK but due to where I'm now, I can't get it.

I could with a VPN, I guess, but I don't really mind not working. Sky News being free and work is okay for a watch if I don't have gaming or any videos worth watching.

3. rigpig

rigpig New Member

I have full UK xbox and account but live in Spain. My Xbox has a VPN to UK address but I´m unable to download iPlayer on the xbox with the message "not available in your location", 4OD etc... work fine on the console and iPlayer works fine on my PCçs so I´m a bit stumped as to what is going on here.

Edit.

OK, have now downloaded from here and transferred it over to my Xbox and can confirm tht the app runs but the content will not work even with the VPN running.

I can´t understand how this is happening, every other IP blocked app I have tried works fine on the Xbox and BBC iPlayer works fine on my PC´s and Wii so the only thing I can think of is that the app has IP ranges of known VPN providers hard coded into it and blocked, does that sound feasable?

Bit of a bummer really, ah well it´s just one more reason to build a media PC for the TV :-)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012