1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Black Mesa: Source Download (Released Free) - Remake of Half Life

Discussion in 'Games' started by Rick, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Rick

Rick Moderator

[​IMG]
    About
    Black Mesa (formerly Black Mesa: Source) is a Half-Life 2 total conversion remaking of Valve Software's award-winning PC game, Half-Life.
    Utilizing the Source engine, Black Mesa will reintroduce the player as Doctor Gordon Freeman, along with the original cast of memorable characters and environments seen in Half-Life. Black Mesa was built and founded on the basis that Half-Life: Source didn't fully live up to the potential of a Source engine port of Half-Life. As such, Black Mesa was founded to fully reconstruct the Half-Life universe utilizing Source to its fullest potential in terms of art detail, level sizes and code features. It should be noted that the project is being built from the ground up and is not a simple port of Half Life maps and models into the Source Engine. The idea is to remake the storyline used in Half Life into a new polished Source Engine version with new models, maps, soundtrack, voice acting and textures.
    This total conversion will not require Half-Life: Source to play - only a copy of any Source Engine game installed on Steam. For more details, check the System Requirements.

Files Included
    blackmesa.7z - Compressed archive file.
    blackmesa-setup.exe - Automatic installer to extract the .7z archive.
    Total Size: 3.2GB
    Http Download
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/service/thankyou?id=22255789 (just added)
    Black Mesa - Download Manager
    Torrent Download
    Black Mesa: Source
    Source
    Black Mesa: Re-visit the world that started the Half-Life continuum
    Black Mesa

Minimum System Requirements

• Software : Windows XP, Vista, or 7
    • Processor : Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, or AMD processor.
    • RAM : 1GB (1024 MB)
    • Graphics Card : Shader Model 2.0 capable, ATI 9600, NVidia 6600 or better.
    • Sound : DirectX 8.1 compatible.
    • HDD : 8 GB (Not including the Free Source SDK, installed separately)
    Ideal System Requirements

• Software : Windows XP, Vista, or 7
    • Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz or AMD equivalent.
    • RAM : 1 GB (1024 MB)
    • Graphics Card : Shader Model 3.0 capable, ATI X1600, NVidia 7600 or better.
    • Sound : DirectX 9.0c compatible.
    • HDD : 8 GB (Not including the Free Source SDK, installed separately)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
    Trebor and InsaneNutter like this.
  2. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Managed to download this yesterday and hopefully I'll play it soon. Would be good to finish it as I've never finished HL1 and yet managed to complete all of HL2 and Eps 1 & 2 also. I think GameFront also has a comparison video you can find here: Black Mesa Vs. Half-Life - Comparison Video. Shows just how good the mod is and how much better playing HL1 can be running in Source :D

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Ive played a bit of it this weekend, same for me i never finished Half Life either, yet have played though Half Life 2, and Episode 1 and 2.
    I did intend to finish it, however once i heard about this mod i just waited... and here we are, 8 years later!

Black Mesa is quite honestly amazing, the guys have done a fantastic job remaking Half Life. It reminded me why i loved PC gaming so much in the late 90's / early 2000's.

I honestly find it hard to believe the game is not official!