Blue Screen in Vista

Discussion in 'Computer and Gadget Help Center' started by Walt, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Walt

Walt New Member

Hi
    I have a Dell Studio with Vista opperating software that goes to blue sceen and I’m not able to do any thing with. I tried to repair in with the Windows Vista disk but was not able. It will not let me change start up in Bois. I need a Vista Rescue disk so I can get my information out of the computer so I can formate and reinstall Vista. I had a Root Virus on here that I’m not able to remove. It’s thorchering me!!!!

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

You have two options, you can either put the hard drive in another computer and extract the data like that.

Alternately do you have a Vista install disc? if so you can re install Vista, select your current hard drive and do NOT format it.

Once Vista is re installed you will find all your old data in C:\Windows.old

3. Walt

Walt New Member

Thank you!!!!!!!! I got my information out!! Now I have figure out what's on the computer!! Last time I formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows and it was OK for a while and it repaired it self!! I'm starting to see it showing it's ugly head already!! It's some kind of root kit. What ever it is it's a MEAN one!! Thank you for the HELP!!!!!! Thank 's Walt