Burnout Paradise trial available soon

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 6, 2008.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Criterion Games have announced that they will be offering a free trial of Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box before its release on PC in Feb 2009.

Criterion Games Announcement:

We’ve got exciting news about the first ever Burnout game for the PC, and we’re talking about it on today’s Crash TV.

Here’s what you already know.

Burnout Paradise™ The Ultimate Box will be arriving on PC in Feb 2009.

Like both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, this product combines the original Burnout Paradise with all the incredible support content we’ve developed so far! That means our Cagney Pack update, the Bikes Pack and the forthcoming Party Pack are all included.

Here’s what you didn’t know - anyone will be able to trial the game for FREE.

[​IMG]

When the full game’s released in Feb ’09, we want all our PC players to be sure it runs perfectly on their system, before they commit to buying it. We also love the game and feel confident that if you try it, you’ll want to sign up for more!

But there’s a lot of game to show you!

In Burnout Paradise, you’re free to explore a massive city, loaded with fun things to do and places to go. Pull up at any of the 120 junctions to start one of 5 event types – Burning Route, Marked Man, Stunt Run, Race and Road Rage. See if you can find the beach, quarry, dirt track and airfield playgrounds spread through our five boroughs. The city also morphs seamlessly into an online world anytime you want to hook up with your friends and cruise around beating challenges.

So rather than restricting what you can do, we're letting you play through the start of the full game for a limited period.

That’s right, you can go anywhere in Paradise City and check out everything on offer.

[​IMG]

Start in the Hunter Cavalry – a great all round car and unlock 2 more (the Hunter Mesquite and the Nakamura SI-7), as you progress through the events.

[​IMG]

Choose from any event – just pull up at any of the 120 sets of lights and spin your wheels to trigger an event.

[​IMG]

And it wouldn’t be Burnout Paradise without your friends enjoying the game right there with you, so the demo includes our freeform, seamless online play – Freeburn. Join up with friends and work together to beat challenges for up to 8-players.

Obviously, there’s a limit to just how much you can do and for how long, but we hope you’ll agree that there’s plenty there to give you glimpse of what the full game has to offer.

In Feb '09, the demo will be available from Welcome to Criteriongames.com and EA - Action, Fantasy, Sports, and Strategy Videogames, but we’ll also be distributing millions of disks. Once you’ve installed the demo, you don’t need the disk to play, so you’re free to share it around. To get the most out of the demo, try out Burnout Paradise online with your friends. We’ll bring you more info on where to obtain your FREE trial in the run up to the release in February.

And to make it nice and easy to upgrade to the full game, we’ve included a trial store within the game. There’s a lot more to our brand new store than this show shows. We’ll unveil our in-game store in a forthcoming episode of Crash TV Just hit the buy options to unleash the year’s greatest driving game and join the fun!

[​IMG]

Burnout on PC, woohoo!

2. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Very interesting. I liked the game on the Xbox but I never bought it. Played alot on the demo lol. I will be 100% trying this when it comes out.

Wont it be a bit hard without a wheel or something because you would have to use the key board which to me seems a little hard as iv never played a racing game on the PC before.

3. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

This will be fun. The demo on the 360 rocked. I always tried to crash people driving lol. I'll be downloading this! :D