Compatible parts?

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by Brock, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Brock

Brock Elite Member

I pretty much know nothing about computer parts. I am getting a new gaming pc and i am choosing to build it because it cheaper. Problem with that is I don't know what i need for each part to work.

Price should be the lowest it can be with great performance in games.

This is what i have ATM http://newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=28013787 (newegg login may be required to view / will post individual links if needed)

Thanks, Brock.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

The motherboard and processor you have selected will not be compatible with each other, you have selected a motherboard that takes an FM1 processor and chose an AM3 type processor. You can see the processors the current motherboard supports here: ASRock > A55M-VS

Maybe replace the motherboard with:

GIGABYTE GA-F2A55M-DS2 FM2 AMD A55 (Hudson D2) Micro ATX or GIGABYTE GA-F2A85X-D3H FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0

Then the following processor to match the above motherboards: AMD Athlon X4 750K Trinity 3.4GHz Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop Processor - Black Edition

With the above you are using the latest FM2 processor socket.