1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

[CUSTOM] Oak's Letter Distribution ROM

Discussion in 'User Created Pokemon Event Distributions' started by AlamosIT, Jan 30, 2023.

1. AlamosIT

AlamosIT Backup Master

About the Oak's Letter:

The Oak's Letter is a Key Item that can be used to access the Flower Paradise, where Shaymin resides.
    It was distributed in 2009 ONLY FOR POKÉMON PLATINUM (in Europe, North America and Japan), but it is programmed also in Diamond and Pearl.

A Shaymin caught in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (and also Platinum in Korean games) will be ILLEGAL, so it can be traded beetween 4th gen games, can be transfered in 5th gen, but it WON'T PASS the Pokémon Bank legality check so it can't (legally) go in gen 6th+.

About this ROM:

I made this CUSTOM AND UNOFFICIAL distribution ROM creating a custom KOR Wonder Card and using official PAL, USA and JAP Wonder Cards, modified to work also with Diamond and Pearl, and injecting them in the Deoxys Distribution Cart 2008 ROM with Pokémon WCD Patcher 1.0.0.

This distribution can be obtained by:

- Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum
    - WON'T work with Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (obv)

You need:

- A DS/DSi/3DS with your 4th gen Pokémon game
    - A 2nd DS/DSi/3DS with a DS flashcart (like R4) or a modded DSi/3DS with TWiLight Menu++ to play the ROM
    - You DON'T need to set a specific date, it will work anyway

This pack includes:

- ENG, ITA, SPA, DEU, FRA, JAP, KOR custom Oak's Letter distribution ROM
    - ENG, ITA, SPA, DEU, FRA, JAP official PCD Wonder Cards (they can be injected with PKHeX)
    - KOR custom Wonder Card (it can be injected with PKHeX)

Wonder Cards sources:
    - ENG, SPA, DEU, FRA, JAP - ProjectPokemon.org
    - ITA - my personal Pokémon Platinum save file
    - KOR - custom made inspired by official Member Card Wonder Card

Oak's Letter (1).png Oak's Letter (2).png Oak's Letter (3).png Oak's Letter (4).png Oak's Letter (5).png

Attached Files:

pokefan2022 and InsaneNutter like this.
  2. pokefan2022

pokefan2022 Member

hi can you make a custom distribution rom for regigigas for platinum (I do not have pearl or diamond)

3. Lexi

Lexi Elite Member

If you have AR or a flashcart its not a perfect solution but there are ar codes to spawn you a regigagas event in platinum, i don't remember if it'll come as a gift or go to your pc. I'm assuming you're primarily wanting it in order to catch the regi trio?

Edit: Here is one that replaces the first pokemon of your party, I don't think it gives you a legit spread of ivs though.

4. AlamosIT

AlamosIT Backup Master

Here it is!
    regigigas.png

Attached Files:

King Impoleon likes this.
  5. pokefan2022

pokefan2022 Member

thanks but will it be considerd legit

6. pokefan2022

pokefan2022 Member

oh and can you make a rom for the hoen wether trio

7. AlamosIT

AlamosIT Backup Master

Yep, that Regigigas will be 100% legit because it will be generated from legit Wonder Card (with Diamond as "origin game" in whatever game it is downloaded)

8. pokefan2022

pokefan2022 Member

thanks

9. pokefan2022

pokefan2022 Member

I have another request can you make one to distribute mew to Pokemon platinum

10. AlamosIT

AlamosIT Backup Master

Here it is!
    (This is the Mew distributed only for HGSS to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Pokémon Gold and Silver, it will be legit also if distributed in Platinum because its "origin game" will be HeartGold in whatever game it is downloaded)
    Anniversary Mew Pt.png

Attached Files:

Khronos likes this.
  11. pokefan2022

pokefan2022 Member

thank you so much you are great

12. pokefan2022

pokefan2022 Member

i know i have not been on this website in ages so i am just coming to say hello

13. difficult

difficult New Member

Hello! I'm aware this thread hasn't been active in awhile, I just wanted to clear up some things about this as I'm curious, and just to make sure I'm understanding all of this correctly haha! My questions are:

1.) So the Shaymin is only labeled as "legal" in the game's eyes if it's specifically caught in Platinum?

2.) When the Shaymin is seen as "legal," can it be further moved from Gen 5 to Pokemon Bank, then sent to HOME?

3.) Can all of this be done with two modded 3DS systems, one running the distribution ROM through twilightmenu++, and the other running Platinum through twilightmenu++ as well, then using something like PKSM to carry the Shaymin to Gen 5, where it can be moved to Pokemon Bank?

Sorry if that's a lot, I'm very new to experiencing older past events, custom ROMs, console modding, everything. I'm still learning stuff about twilightmenu++ and how it all works, along with custom servers and all. I made my account here specifically to ask for better understanding, haha.

14. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Hey and welcome to Digiex.

1. Pokemon Bank will only see the Shaymin as legal if it was caught in Platinum, however you can freely move an illegal one (From Diamond or Pearl) between Gen 4 games, or even migrate it to Gen 5 games. Pokemon Bank however knows the event was never released for Diamond and Pearl, so knows you have hacked if they Shaymin was caught in either of those games.

2. Yes, if you catch it in Platinum the shaymin can be migrated right up to Pokemon Home and used in any of the Switch games that allow Shaymin to be transferred in.

3. Yes that should work fine.

Hopefully that helps!

AlamosIT likes this.
  15. difficult

difficult New Member

Awesome, thanks!