Desperate for help.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pepe Millard, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Pepe Millard

Pepe Millard New Member

Hello Everyone.
    For many years I have used Outlook Express (the last nine to write almost daily blogs as we are sailing around the world). So easy to add pictures, frame them, write and post.
    I had to buy a new laptop and to my horror was told no more Outlook Express. My husband found your site and I was so very excited. Windows Live Gallery loaded with no problems but the email side of things has been to no avail. Had a techy try for an hour and a half.
    Can anyone help me.
    Thank you so very much
    Pepe

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Hey and welcome, Outlook Express was only ever included with Windows and the last version of Windows it was included with was Windows XP in 2001, its long since discontinued.

The successor to it was Windows Mail, then Windows Live Mail, both are now discontinued, however you can still download the offline installer for Windows Live Mail here: Windows Live Essentials 2012 Offline Installer.

That's as close as you will get to Outlook Express on a modern version of Windows.

Their is also Thunderbird, which is a free, open source email client: https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/ you might find that quite usable if your used to Outlook Express.

I hope that helps!

3. Pepe Millard

Pepe Millard New Member

Thank you,
    I tried and tried Windows Live Essentials 2012 Offline Installer. As I said, gallery loaded well but Windows Live Mail keeps coming up with fault messages. It looked OK but when I pressed New Message nothing happened.
    I'll have a go at Thunderbird, thank you for the suggestion
    Pepe

4. wrldwzrd89

wrldwzrd89 Well-Known Member

InsaneNutter likes this.