Digiex Community Minecraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Nimrod, Nov 15, 2010.

1. tipo114

tipo114 Active Member

i sent you a message nimrod ;( i didnt get a message back :(

2. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

You can download a minimap here! It may break with future updates and need updated but as of now I'm using the most recent version and its working fine. It applies to clients only, meaning no server side mods are required. So just install and enjoy! It has a menu you can access by pressing M and way points can even be set!

Minimap - Zan's Mod v0.8.5 - 30 Nov - Minecraft Forums

Windows: http://www.dstrike.net/mc/RawCritics085.exe

Mac: http://dstrike.net/mc/MacRawCritics085.zip

New update broke this for now, 1.2.6

3. tipo114

tipo114 Active Member

Cant anyone give me a server ip? any server even if not digiex (however i would <3 to join) because i cant wait that long :( or just thank me :) and i can "Veiw this thread"

4. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

No one will just thank you because you asked. If you want to join then earn access to the members hideout without spamming so you can then view how to.

5. tipo114

tipo114 Active Member

ok :'( and any other server would do :) as i tryed making my own and it failed, as you already know....

i wonder is nimrod would give me some tips on how to make one hahaha :/

6. slimwadey

slimwadey Addict

Go to the minecraft WIKI and click the link for servers . Lots to choose from, i have been on a few and had a wander around
    Slim

7. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

I replied, you just didnt give me much time to reply before complaining about it :P

8. jessenic

jessenic Minecraft Guy

I don't know why I post this, but here is a picture of vesa and lasai:

Attached Files:

9. Laitine

Laitine Member

10. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

New update released, fixes Minimap for 1.2.6!

Minimap - Zan's Mod v0.8.7 - 3 Dec - Minecraft Forums

11. slimwadey

slimwadey Addict

I keep getting connection timeout for the server .. cant get on
    Is it me and mine ?
    Slim

12. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Weather is affecting the cables underground, so its gonna be tempomental all day.

13. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Hello All, an important update for you all.

Many of you have been asking me to install addons for a while, and listing tons of them. I have been resistant for a while now, as I liked having a vanilla server so to speak, and also to make upgrades a lot easier to manage. However at the same time, the server has reached its peaked of fun, as people run out of new ideas of amazing things to build.

One of the top requests was Minecart mania, then additional ones like stuff to build bridges, lifts and other cool stuff. The problem is, if we installed 10-20 mods as people requested, the server would become next to impossible to manage and update. If you remember when the health update came out, we had to wait 3 days for Hmod to be updated, then a further 4 days for WorldGuard (which protects against TNT and creeper explosions) to be updated, it was horrible.

So the key requirements for any mod, was a big all in one which brought togeather the ideas of many mods, as well as one thats actively updated, so we wouldnt have to wait long for it to be enabled again after a minecraft update. After days of testing by the King, I have decided to go for CraftBook. This supports all the features of Minecart Mania, as well many new features which you can read all about at: http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/CraftBook#Usage

Do follow that guide for usage how to use the new features.

A few important things to note however:

Don't rely on its "Abilities" too much, when a Minecraft update comes out, it may take a few days to a week to be updated and usable again, at which time all its features like bridges, elevators and minecart boosters will be unavailable. So if you make an uber-base which needs an elevator to get up to, you would have to find another way up for a while.

Also as a rule of thumb, espically with the new minecart boosters and other features, DO NOT touch the minecart tracks which link the Mainland to Finland that I spent days building. This was built using the classic Minecart booster tech, which will work regardless of any addons installed and I want it to remain that way. So I'll make this very clear, if I find anyone moddifying my railway link, all the changes they made from this morning (after we installed a new logger which ill talk about in a moment) will be undone, which could mean losing hours of work. You have been warned, dont touch my railway!

The next item we installed, which doesnt affect clients is called "BigBrother". What this mod does, is automatically watches new players as well as existing players we specify, and records every block build / smash they do, and the location. It then also features a rollback command, so we can instantly rollback what someone has done whos being watched. This was installed as recently with new players joining, we have found that someone (who we dont know yet) has been coming into our server and greifing people, by randomlly smashing down parts of there homes, blocking public bridges and blocking warp zones. Many of you have complained to me recently about stuff happening to your buildings/stuff while your not logged on. With this mod, we can basically track down who it was and at the same time, if someone new joins our server, by default they are watched until they can be trusted.

What we will do with this mod, is unwatch players we trust (Like the mod team, assassin, jessenic, laitine, vesa) and new players we don't know that well, will be watched until were comfortable there not the griefers. For the security of the server, we won't tell anyone if there being watched or unwatched from this point on, and the mod will only be used to ensure whoever it is messing around with peoples stuff, is found and banned as soon as possible.

I hope that improves the enjoyabiliy of the server some more :)

14. tipo114

tipo114 Active Member

why doesnt the map mod work..... it came up with an error message saying summet like m10984309871 is not installed....

15. lem_is_cool

lem_is_cool Resident

Well, I'm finally giving into the internet and looking at playing. Perhaps I'll see ya'll ingame.

16. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Time to buy the game for all those who love it! :)

17. Flamzorz

Flamzorz Addict

Damn I need money >_<

18. tipo114

tipo114 Active Member

i need a credit card :/ or paypall credit :/

19. tipo114

tipo114 Active Member

<3 my MUM :D

20. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

She buy it for you? lol