Digiex is Alive

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by InsaneNutter, Oct 1, 2008.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

[​IMG]

If you’re reading this the DNS issue that has made Digiex inaccessible for the last 24+ hours has finally been resolved. This was nothing to do with our server, it has been sitting idle whole time. Unfortunately the DNS servers our domain registrar uses have been undergoing a Denial of Service attack knocking many websites offline, including Digiex.

The only way anyone has been able to access any Digiex services is by editing the windows host file and creating an entry stating 87.98.250.172 is Digiex.net

Thanks to the many people who reported the website was down to Myself and Nimrod on MSN, it good to know you care ;)

If you want to read more about this, have a look at the Namecheap forums.

Needless to say they are many annoyed customers.

2. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon. I've been wanting to login all day! Lol I'm glad I caught you on msn.

3. Assassin

Assassin Addict

Tsk, DDoS. How cheap.

4. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Some sections of the website seem to not be working still. Also is your domain down InsaneNutter? I tired getting onto my server this through the redirect but it wasn't having any of it so I connected via my VPS's IP instead.

5. InsaneNutter

If you can get on to Digiex without using the IP address that’s a good sign, if some subdomains like upload.digiex.net are still broken your ISP has most likely chanced the DNS entry and you will have to wait for them to update their cache.

My domain uses the same DNS servers as Digiex so that’s why your redirect will be broken at the moment, it should work again soon... Insanenutter.com is working perfect for me now however Digiex.net is still totally dead.

6. Safinn

Safinn Addict

Sorted now for me. I was wondering what was going on.. I was like NOOO!! they have shut lol. Joke. Glad to see it back up.

7. MunkyMagikUK

MunkyMagikUK Digiex Blogger

I almost cried. I thought nobody would be able to read my blog ;)

8. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Still a bit buggy for me today, again at work. Have to press refresh a few times. I've also got a friend request that won't accept no matter how many times I tell it to. I'll go on Digiex when I get home and hope things are better. Also you're redirect is working again InsaneNutter, I tried it this morning (Y)

9. InsaneNutter

Dont worry I did ;)

If I remember correctly when we changed the Digiex logo it took your work about 3 days before their cache of Digiex got updated so I wouldn’t worry yet. Let me know how it is for you when you’re at home, its working perfectly on Virgin Media for me and there always very slow to update their DNS servers.

10. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Back at work and it's going fine now. Managed to sort out the friends thing, instead of accepting the friend request (which still didn't work) I added the friend myself (in the text box underneath friends) and it got rid of the notification. I don't know what went wrong there but it's sorted now, so if anyone else has trouble I'll redirect them here :D.

11. paardje

paardje Addict

Good to be back... I also thought: oh noooooo! But unexpected things always can happen, no?

12. BonezOz

BonezOz Addict

Sydney, Australia, the greatest city in the World
    And here I thought it was just me! I've taken a copy of the IP address incase it happens again, and I'm glad to see our site back up and running. Bloody DDoS!

13. InsaneNutter

This thread is 10 months old just so you know! ;)

The IP is now 87.98.249.52

14. BonezOz

BonezOz Addict

Sydney, Australia, the greatest city in the World
    Thanks for the update.