Dollhouse

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Trebor, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

"Eliza Dushku plays a young woman called Echo, a member of a group of people known as "Actives" or "Dolls". The Dolls have had their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas, including memory, muscle memory, skills, and language, for different assignments (referred to as engagements). The new persona is not an original creation, however, but an amalgam of different, existing personalities. The end result incorporates some of the flaws, not just the strengths, of the people used as templates. The Actives are then hired out for particular jobs – crimes, fantasies, and the occasional good deed. On engagements, Actives are monitored internally (and remotely) by Handlers. In between tasks, they are mind-wiped into a child-like state and live in a futuristic dormitory/laboratory, a hidden facility nicknamed "The Dollhouse". The story follows Echo, who begins, in her mind-wiped state, to become self-aware.

Beyond Dushku's character, the show also revolves around the people who run the mysterious "Dollhouse" and two other "Dolls", Sierra and Victor (played by Dichen Lachman and Enver Gjokaj), who are friendly with Echo. The names of Actives are simply letters in the phonetic alphabet. Although the Actives are ostensibly volunteers, the operation is highly illegal and under constant threat on one end from Paul Ballard, a determined federal agent who has heard a rumor about the Dolls, and an insane rogue Active, "Alpha", on the other."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollhouse_(TV_series)

So have any members been watching the show? There was alot of flak from some critics saying they had higher hopes for the show and what Joss Whedon could acomplish with it but I've enjoyed it since the start. The latest episode has been the best so far and I hope it keeps up the same quality that it's been setting.

2. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

I heard it's good but I have not watched it yet. I plan to watch it next time it's on because it's right after my other show, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Can’t say I’ve heard of it but I might check it out after I’ve finished watching House, addicted to that atm, some one posted about it on Here and it got me hooked.

4. KillerWhiteMan

House is a great show! Hugh Laurie is an absolute master mind when it comes to humor in that show.

5. luckyvic

luckyvic Addict

Hugh Laurie is the best. I watched him the Blackadder and Mr, Jeeves shows, excellent!
    Unfortunately I don't like Dollhouse, but love Eliza Dushku! The show will probably get cancelled/not renewed here in the USA. Too bad Joss Whedon 's Firefly didn't last. Great show, underappreciated.

6. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Just watched the unaired episode Fox refused to show (probably because it's set in the future and seems to be a series ending episode, meaning that they couldn't possibly carry on the series after it and if they did they'd have to make sure the new series shows it leading toward this episodes version of the future). It probably wasn't shown because Fox renewed Dollhouse for another series (and cancelled Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles :(). Anyway onto the episode, the main plot is based around the fact that the tech of the Dollhouse has been released into the wide world and people are being wiped wirelessly through anything that can carry a signal (phones, radios, PC's etc) and it centres on a bunch of people who have yet to be wiped escaping from butchers (people wiped to hunt down the unwiped). It's quite a good stand alone episode, referring back to the previous episodes succesfully as well as introducing likable characters centred around a good plot. I think Fox should've actually aired this and explained to everyone that it wasn't going to be canon. Surely not all of Fox's viewers are brain dead idiots!

BonezOz likes this.
  7. BonezOz

BonezOz Addict

Sydney, Australia, the greatest city in the World
    Can't say that I had even heard of it, until now. I'll have to check to see if I can find it online, because, unless it's on cable, it's not available over here in Oz.

8. KillerWhiteMan

I think I may catch up on this while I await the sixth season of House. On we go to the asylum Dr. House...