1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Dungeon Keeper 2 [Full Version 1.7]

Discussion in 'Games' started by Trisha Takanawa, Mar 23, 2008.

1. chrispepper1989

chrispepper1989 New Member

Hi Nimrod!

First of all HUGE thanks for putting this up, my gf introduced me to dungeon keeper 2, she had the old disc but without this download i wouldnt have been able to play it! (she hogs the disk =P)

But we wanted ideally to play against each other, but im a total PC multiplayer noob and i cant seem to get a game going could some one please,please, please post a walkthrough?

So far i went to multiplayer->winsock and created a game on my laptop and then went to multiplayer->winsock on hers, the game shows up but it fails to connect!
    I tried turning off both firewalls (windows firewall) and still got the same problem, additionally if i set up the game on my gfs computer it doesnt show up on mine. Which to me makes me think that maybe it is a firewall thing but windows firewall is a bit a annoying!

Running windows 7 on both laptops (although gfs one has figured out its not genuine) and set each game to run in 2000 compatibilty mode

If anyone can post ideas i would be really gratefull!

P.s. i read some people in earlier posts were getting just the bottom bar and the dungeon wasnt showing up as well as other graphics problems, try turning off hardware acceleration in graphics options/changing resolution we had the same issue of only interface showing up and turing off hardware acceleration fixed it! hope that helps someone!

GREAT GAME, i love bullfrog, very sad that DK3 will never be made however kalypsos Dungeons looks promising! Fingers Crossed!

2. Cameron Thibeaux

Cameron Thibeaux New Member

Hey, just giving a quick shout out. Thanks for the upload and after I did the hardware accelerator thing works great. (Not including the multiplayer feature, but that is a bit harder and I might just never mess with.)

3. Steve

Steve New Member

I have been trying to play this game for years. I always loved it but could never get it right with all the glitches and bugs, but now here I am playing it on my PC.

Totally awesome, Nimrod! You are THE MAN!!!

4. redmail84

redmail84 New Member

Great Game.

I like it because you can be good for your creatures:)

It is really cool that You have made this special pack. 1.7 with maps.

In the past i used to play on win98 but after few years i land on vista and till now I couldn't find/make working 1.7 version of the game.
    You did it!. Thanks.

For first start it didn't work (firstly no start, then black squares on screen)
    after some customization it starts<:o) on my vista32 (p8400, 4gbRAM(3gb),gf9600m gt)
    dk222.jpg
    *. download
    *. unpack (by winrar)
    *. install ISO as virtual disc in ex. alcohol120% (or similar)
    *. copy all files from your virtual cd to new folder on hard disk, or just unpack iso file to new folder by winrar again
    (click on image above)
    1. right click on =DKII icon and click on =properties
    2. click on =compatibility and mark four options:
    -run this program in compatibility mode for: windows 2000
    -disable visual themes
    -disable desktop composition
    -run this program as an administrator
    -press =apply and =ok
    3. It is absolutely fantastic to see working v1.7 on vista, I have an old original version of the game but only yours is working.
    4. To avoid black squares/screen, disable =Hardware acceleration.
    *Play :)

Can somebody say a word about network play ?

Heard smth about network manager, how and where to start?

psychozof

edit: found smth here
    any other options? local play between two laptops in same room?

edit2: after 1hr of playing it crashed for a first time, remember to =ctr+s (quick save) and then in game-play =ctr+l (quick load)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  5. Donkeyote

Donkeyote New Member

I have done everything stated in the previous post, however I am still getting the black squares/screen:

[​IMG]

I have the original disc and have tried both that and the download in the OP yet both give this result. I have tried setting the OD to both 98 and 2000, and yes I am running it as administrator so am a bit confused as to why it is still doing this

My laptop runs Windows Vista

Any help would be greatly apreciated

6. redmail84

redmail84 New Member

========================

It might be stupid question, but
    did you, (after disable hardware acceleration), actually start the game in any game-play mode, or just see black sq on the screen above ?

7. Donkeyote

Donkeyote New Member

Not a stupid question, I have seen games do that before (one being theme park world). Not in this case however, I tried pet dungeon and the dungeon heart was black pixels. After moving around the screen those began to spread and it got almost as bad as the image above. I could get rid of them by pressing ctrl+alt+del and then cancelling the action, going back into the game. However, it soon started to revert back to black pixels again :(

EDIT: Fixed it somehow... Not quite sure how as I don't remember doing anything to it... Oh well :)

8. Garrett221

Garrett221 New Member

Windows 7 issues

Hello, first off thank you very much for providing this download to dungeon keeper 2. I am running on a windows 7 and the installion of dk2 and start up of the program runs smoothly, but when I am in game the play screen is completely black. I can see the menu bars, but not the play screen. I am running the game in windows 98 compatibility mode and I am running it as an admin as you suggested, but the problem persists.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can someone help me please?

9. Garrett221

Garrett221 New Member

Just found out from another forum that hardware acceleration causes this problem. Make sure to turn off hardware acceleration in the games graphics options to fix this.

10. Pantamorph

Pantamorph Member

Try making a BAT file like I've described in the Ys topic, except change ys1_win.exe to your Dungeon Keeper 2 exe file, you know, it just might work, as it turns off all applications that use hardware acceleration (In our case explorer.exe)

11. Jarlhen

Jarlhen New Member

Hey guys. I love DK and wanted to play it again after years of not having even seen it around. I download this and it all seems legit. However, my mcafee flips out and says there's an Artemis trojan in it and my Superanti spyware blocks the setup from running. Anything I should know about? Anyone else having the same issues?

12. iammow

iammow New Member

using wine and mac os

Hi I am using mac os x, and wine, I managed to get the Setup working using the X11 thing but when I try to run the DK22.exe program it says it has encountered a serious error and has to close and never opens.

[​IMG]

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

13. pittybee

pittybee New Member

thanks

your a complete legend been looking for this for a while now thanks (Y)

14. spidermanson

spidermanson New Member

Hey buddy, You managed to sort this, but im having the same problems. any idea's how it was eventualy fixed. thanks guys

15. Aushrekal

Aushrekal Member

Map Editor?

i can't get the map editor to work. I can make maps and save them, but when i play DKII i can't see them as a choice for a map, I have found several tutorials already, but they are for other map editors. If someone could explain how to get my custom map editor made maps to work, or simply leave a link explaining how to do it?

Thanks in advance! :D

16. wanghealer

wanghealer New Member

Alright guys! I need help. I've got daemon tools, and I've mounted the installed game. But! Whenever I play it (no matter how much I tool around with the properties on the 'DKII'.... it runs, sure, then gives me the black screen for a few seconds then returns me to what I'm doing. No DKII up. Please help, you'll make my day.. my current CD is scratched and I have the urge to play this again! Thanks, I'd love a response. :)

17. Ba Joe Bo

Ba Joe Bo New Member

Hey, downloaded the game and I can get to the home screen and I press play then it tells me to insert the correct CD. What did I do wrong?

18. PutzyJim

PutzyJim New Member

DK2 Bonus Packs

First of all a big Thank You for having this game, my son and I used to play it on LAN all the time...I cant believe they scrapped the DK3 tho.

With the help of this post I was able to get it working straight away on my Win7, I think soome people are having problems due to background programs that are running...I stopped everything from running, even disabled my antivirus, installed it under compat mode for win98 and thru the DK2 icon after install...it has been running flawlessly on my rig. I have an:
    Acer 3.0 Ghz Core2 Duo with 8Gb ram &Geforce 9500GT...so it will work on Core2 Duos.

I have DK Bonus Packs 1,2 & 3, I havent seen on here that anyone has them, I would like to share them with everyone (see attached RAR file). It is completely safe and they are real.
    Jim

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  19. Mishius

Mishius New Member

Hi, just wondered if you have any idea how to fix this particular problem, I own this game on CD from ages ago and installed it recently, but when i actually got into the game, i couldnt see anything unless i zoomed really far in, i could hear the mentor and everything, i tried it on 2 seperate PC's, one on xp one on vista, and ran it in every compatibility mode and it didnt work so i downloaded this version thinking it might be the CD but the same problem happened again, I also tried the cheat to get rid of fog of war and it didnt work, and dont have any idea what else to try

20. Mishius

Mishius New Member

ok just realised this is a repost of someone elses problem, turning off hardware acceleration in graphic options works, thanks