1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Dungeon Keeper 2 [Full Version 1.7]

Discussion in 'Games' started by Trisha Takanawa, Mar 23, 2008.

1. roonian

roonian New Member

not sure if this is very active anymore...but few quick things.
    one, idk about others, but the first thing i did was check the most recent post to make sure the DL still works, so, this is me for everyone that does this; as of may 5, 2012 it does
    second, thank you for putting up the game. i loved this and never could find it no matter how hard i looked.
    lastly, for the problem.

i have the compatibility and everything set up, and its installed, but when i click to play it it takes me to a black screen and thats it. i try to bring up task manager, the mouse will work when i can select what i want to do (right after the CTRL+ALT+DEL) but when i get the task manager up, i cant move my mouse. ive scanned most of the posts here and remember seeing one problem like it....but with 400+ posts its hard to refind. i intalled it on another computer as well so i know its not the download.
    heres my pc specs;
    windows 7 ultimate
    4.0 GB of RAM
    AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-60 1.90 GHz processor
    64 bit (if that has anything to do with it)
    and Nvidia graphics

anyone has any answers to this i would greatly appreciate it x.x

2. Kronikasz

Kronikasz New Member

The GOG.com version of DK2 was finally blessed with the hardware acceleration patch that fixes all of the glitched graphics in that mode, speed issues in the main menu and constant hanging.

3. Chris Mcilwaine Mac

Chris Mcilwaine Mac New Member

To get Dungeon Keeper 2 to work on win7 (i'm sure the same will work for you) was to right click the dk2.exe, go in to Properties and click the compatability tab at the top. Then Tick Run this program in compatability mode for (i use windows 2000 for my win 7). Then tick Disable Visual Themes, Disable Desktop Compsosition and Disable Display Scaling on Hig DPI Settingsand click apply. Now run the game and the same problem should be happening, now go in to the games graphic options and uncheck Hardware Acceleration. To get this to take effect I had to start a game as restarting did nothing so i just ran a my dungeon and from the moment it loads the graphics are set and i can see everything on the main screen and the whole game. Hope this helps.... Mac

LEGEND! I have this on disc but your copy runs like a dream, lets me run it in a higher res for better looks and includes the map editor. Thank for linking. Mac

You can't alt and tab from the game if it shits itself I log off from crtl alt del and that gets me back to desktop. I commented on another post on how I got it working.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
  4. gole

gole New Member

You should try right click,properties,then compatibility and select run this program in compatibility mode for xp,windows 2000,windows 98 etc etc.....
    Hope it helped