Dungeon Keeper iOS / Android - Microtransactions to a new level.

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Nimrod, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

If you have 8 min's spare, I honestly recommend watching this video (The way the guy talks about it is hilarious to!)

This show's how much EA are proper milking every franchise they own to DEATH.

[video=youtube;GpdoBwezFVA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpdoBwezFVA&feature=player_detailpage#t=134[/video]

If you ever played the original Dungeon Keeper's (1 or 2) you know will know much of a joke that is?

If you're an actual fan of Dungeon Keeper, I strongly recommend checking out:
    War for the Overworld on Steam
    It's a fanmade game based on Dungeon Keeper which is everything like the originals except the name (as EA now own it). Strongly recommend it!

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Sadly the majority are happy to purchase in game credits and EA know this. Another crappy thing the video doesn't mention is its very difficult to actually rate the game less than 5 stars, if your doing it in game you cant unless you first email EA why.

It's like how EA can release the same games every year and people will go absolutely crazy for them, for example Fifa. People are happy to spend £40 on a couple of Call of Duty Maps, yet you can get the game with loads of maps and an 8 hour campaign for the same price of a few maps. People are happy to buy it sadly.

This is sadly the state of gaming today, its the indie devs that innovate today. All the major games are just planned to have DLC, Micro Transactions and unlockables already on the disc. Gears 3 is another great example of this. The leaked build had more multiplayer maps that were finished, the retail game had them cut and released as paid DLC a few months later.

Indie devs = passion for a game
    Large devs = money, money, money

All we can do is vote with our wallet and slag the game off on social media.

3. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

EA ruined Plants vs Zombies 2 for me. Sure I got it free on Android but you have to pay £2.50 to unlock a single plant! What the hell! The game also used to be fun and had a star rating system (gain up to 3 max) for every level but EA obviously weren't getting enough money off of people so they changed the entire game to only have levels with no star system and made them hard to beat unless using powerups, which you have to pay for. I guess I'll have to keep on playing the first one for my fun :( More info here: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 update turns the world upside down with new map mechanics - Android Community

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

£2.50 for a plant... the original PVZ is only 69p as it is! I never knew that :( although i've not played the game recently.

Honestly better sticking to indie games these days.