1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

FakeAnim for Xbox 360 Jtag / RGH - Change boot animation

Discussion in 'Libxenon Homebrew / Jtag & Reset Glitch Content' started by InsaneNutter, Oct 25, 2012.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

What is FakeAnim?

This is a replacement bootanimation for freeboot consoles, FakeAnim allows for animations in the form of WMV 9 encoded videos to be played on the console prior to showing the dashboard. Since this file is only loaded after the console is ready there will be a minor increase in boot times. This has no impact on glitch times since the glitch occurs prior to this file ever being loaded. The Delay and Calibration settings are designed to allow the user to tweak the video to their specific system and display. This tweaking makes it so that the video does not get cut off. Please read below for a full set of instructions:

Installation & Configuration:

Important: Do NOT attempt to delete bootanim.xex if you are unable to restore to a previous NAND dump via hardware.

Requirements: DashLaunch v3.03 is required for this to work.

Installation:
    1) Copy over all files in the archive to the HDD or USB of the 360.
    2) Edit your launch.ini to have fakeanim = point to the fakeanim.xex
    3) Reboot the console and make sure the application runs. Ignore the Red Screen being present for a while.
    4) Once you have verified the application is launched remove bootanim.xex** from the consoles Flash. (Use FS3 or FTP).
    5) Reboot the console and pay attention to how long the red screen is displayed.
    6) Calibration takes place in the fakeanim.ini file and should be checked with a cold boot in order to force the GPU to initialize.
    7) Once calibration is complete edit the fakeanim.ini and set calibration to 0

Calibration Notes:
    * To adjust the length the red screen is shown. Add to the number to increase the time take delay. Take away to decrease it.
    * The delay function is used to ensure the video does not get cut off during the monitor and GPU starting each « delay » is 250ms. Valid entries are between 0 and 100.
    * For slims start around 5.
    * For Phats start around 13.
    * The goal is to get the red screen to show for the least amount of time possible on the Evil Laugh wmv when performing a cold boot.

Download:

Download FakeAnim for Freeboot Consoles

2. Bob Smith

Bob Smith New Member

When I did this it always seems to make the boot time longer compared to stock - even if i set the delay to zero. Am I missing something or is that expected behavior.

Also, have to really be careful with this. I got what appeared to be a corrupted animation as the console would not boot when it was enabled. I had to delete it with FATXplorer to get the console booting again.