Faster Download Speeds

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by z3ddrocksz, Jun 23, 2009.

1. z3ddrocksz

z3ddrocksz Resident

I live in the U.S. and downloads from this site take forever since your ftp server is in the UK does anyone know how to get faster download speeds without installing anything? Whenever I download something from here i try to do close to nothing on the internet so they'll download faster.
    Any Help?

-Nelson

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

There’s not much you can do really do, when the server is at the other side of the world transfer speeds are not always going to be that great unfortunately.

When I download from a US based website unless they have a mirror in Europe speeds are usually around 60kb a second.

You can make multiple connections to the server your downloading from, unfortunately we have had to stop people from doing this as they will always be people who try and make 10-20 connections which just kills the server.

Just out of interest what download speeds do you get?

3. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I don't see why there would be any problem, there isn't any type of problem here. I get full download speeds, the fastest I can download is around 350KB/s which is what I get when I DL from here. When I didn't have a wireless router, the neighbors let me use their wireless and I would get up to around 1MB/s from here, which is about the fastest download speed from them. This was also before I opened up more then 10 connections. Though I don't make multiple connections to digiex.

4. z3ddrocksz

z3ddrocksz Resident

I really don't know what downlod speeds I get i really didn't pay attention but mabe it's just my ISP. I have Verizon and I've been using IE so maybe they aren't the best combo.

-Nelson

5. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I use Verizon too.

Go here. Just pick a server nearest you, it'll tell you how fast your download and upload speed.

6. z3ddrocksz

z3ddrocksz Resident

7. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Thats probably the same deal type from Verizon that I use, my download is 2.71 and upload is 0.81. You don't have anything else going when you are downloading are you, anything like uTorrent or some type of online game going? You probably should be able to get around 150-200KB/s download speed. Although I do use Firefox but I wouldn't thing it'd make that much of a difference.

8. InsaneNutter

It looks like you probably have a 2-3mbit internet connection, next time you download something from Digiex make a note of the speed.

The highest download speed you will probably get is between 200-300kb / sec

9. cleaner88HPi

cleaner88HPi Active Member

You could try using Download Accelerator Plus...
    Otherwise get a better router or something :)

10. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Take the Download test again, this time select the test servers in the UK or France, Verizon might be really cheap with certain European Peering. Digiex Peers in both the UK and France

11. z3ddrocksz

z3ddrocksz Resident

[​IMG]

That's from Manchester

12. Icharus_Falling

Icharus_Falling Resident

dont the non-power users get slower connections to the digiex ftp?

13. InsaneNutter

At the moment all downloads are on the same ftp regardless as the users rank, power users have a few exclusive downloads and will be offered a download on a separate server for anything that causes a lot of traffic to the site.

E.g Windows 7 Builds and 360 demos that spread like crazy over the internet such as Resident Evil and Fight Night.