Fox Cancels Dollhouse

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Haloman, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Haloman

Haloman Addict

Fox has canceled Joss Wheadon's latest TV show Dollhouse in a move that has surprised no one. the show has had the axe of cancellation hovering over its head since before it had been filmed. people were starting campaigns to save it even before the first scene was filmed.

indeed many people were surprised that it got a second series. fox will show the rest of the season in December and January. luckily foreseeing its cancellation Wheadon wraps up a lot of the plot lines.

It seams that if its not Buffy the networks don't want anything from Wheadon. (firefly we miss you)

clicky

2. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Bah some American TV execs wouldn't know good TV if it bit them on their stupid asses! They'd be too busy thinking of ways to ruin exsisting shows! Pushing Daisies was the first true TV show I really loved watching and was cancelled after the 2nd season. Same with Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles though I didn't like that as much. Can't put all the blame on the execs either as sometimes these shows don't get the viewing figures they should. Seems if it's not reality TV or hasn't got some sort of stupid character/plotline etc it's doomed to fail. I'm quite shocked House is still on the air (even Hugh Laurie said he can't believe people still watch it, obviously he knows the trends of American TV viewers)!

3. Haloman

Haloman Addict

well what didnt help was that the show was in the friday evening slot wich is more comenly known as the graveyard slot. most programes that are shown or moved there die shortly after. I fear for my beloved smallville (though 10 series isnt bad)

4. iwellkillu

iwellkillu Banned

dollhouse was a bad tv show thats why it got removed lol

5. Haloman

Haloman Addict

I think that it was a marmite program, you either loved it or you hated it.

6. iwellkillu

iwellkillu Banned

I hated it LOL i never watched it

7. Haloman

Haloman Addict

Yeah, i liked it but i could see how other people wouldn't like it. i just feel sorry for wheadon. ever since Buffy, all of the other tv shows he's done have failed.

8. MunkyMagikUK

MunkyMagikUK Digiex Blogger

One hit wonder? I think so. I didn't even like Buffy that much.

9. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Have you not seen Firefly or the movie that's based on Firefly, Serenity? They're both really good and show that Whedon has the ability to produce more than 1 good show IMO. As far as I know networks were threatening to cancel Buffy after it's first season but stuck with it and gave Joss a chance. He also made Angel and that lasted for 5 seasons, although admittedly some people wouldn't call the spin off a hit it did get good ratings!