FTP Problems - Please stop hammering

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fireboy, May 4, 2009.

1. fireboy

fireboy New Member

I know this isn't the help request section but i couldn't find one.

Every time i try to download a ftp file for example call of duty WAW it says

421 Not logged in, access denied (Please stop hammering.).

Can someone plz tell me how to resolve this.
    Thanks

2. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

Well I'm not sure but if it says Please Stop Hammering. I think thats were you have tried to access it too many times and the server has banned you. This can also happen on some download manager that try to create more than one connection. Which in less I'm mistaken the ftp only allows one connection per IP Address.

Give it some time or wait for an admin to reset the ban thing or whatever needs to be done. Just click on one of the links provided. To download a file though you shouldn't need to login at all. Just click on the link provided. Maybe try on a different browser or copy and paste it into a download manager. Though I would tell it to only create one connection else it will stop downloading. Though I may be wrong about all this. Your welcome to try it. However best thing you can do is to wait for a admin to reply. (InsaneNutter or Nimrod) As they run the ftp so they can give you more details.

Cod 5 demo download

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  3. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

The hammering ban last for one hour (per time its done) and happens when you attempt to make more than 10 connections within 5 minutes to the ftp when your only allowed one. If you using a download manager and making multiple connections, dont, you wont get it any faster. Wait an hour then download in your web browser.

Better guide: http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/H/hammering.html