Game of the Year Nominations for 2009

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by KillerWhiteMan, Dec 16, 2009.

1. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

Well since the year is almost over, I wanted to put together a Digiex Game of the Year award. It has been an amazing year for gaming and next year looks to be even better. I want to hear what the rest of Digiex thinks; what game would you like to nominate for our Game of the Year? I am interested in what game you thought was the best, and give some information as to why you think it is GOTY material. The nomination can be for any console, and also for PC. After we have had quite a few nominations, I will put together a poll for say the top 5 games that you guys nominate.

I am still deciding what game I want to nominate so I will have to get back to you guys with that, but in the meantime, what are your thoughts?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Tough choice this year, I think i'm going to nominate The Saboteur.

Its certainly wasn't the most anticipated game this year, heck I had never heard of it until the week before it was released! however out of all the games i've played its certainly been the most fun.

The game has a good story, lots of action, interesting missions and good graphics.. i like how areas of the game are in black and white until you free them from the control of the natzis.

3. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Borderlands, without a doubt.

4. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Borderlands.

5. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Hmmm to make it more interesting let me mention a few more games :D Prototype was a very good game IMO. Could be GOTY material. Borderlands obviously. Left 4 Dead 2 as it improves on L4D1 massivley. Last one I can think of would have to be Batman:AA. I've never been interested in superhero videogames before (they usually tend to be licensed movie crap) but Rock Steady proved that if you take time and deal with the material in hand properly you can create a great game. Any game that has me playing it over and over instead of just playing it for an hour or two and moving onto the latest game is a winner by my standards :D

6. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

Good suggestions everyone. I think I am going to nominate Uncharted 2 for the PS3. I have never been so captivated by a game's story as I was with this one. The graphics were top notch, and the gameplay was outstanding.

7. Puff3r

Puff3r Member

I would nominate Dragon Age Origins. Great game play, decent graphics, and one of the best written story lines I have seen in a game in a long time. For its use of the 360 hard drive and graphic improvements I would also have to give a nod to Forza 3.

8. P.KID

P.KID Addict

borderlands! (Y)

9. poorinem

poorinem Elite Member

Gamespot Nominated "Demon's Soul" as Game Of The Year,Bullshit!
    Personally I Think Borderlans,AC II,Forza 3,Uncharted 2 are The Best!

10. Rustwick

Rustwick Resident

I've still got a lot of catching up to do for 2009 games but I think that for now I'd have to go with Dragon Age: Origins.

11. Elricmon

Elricmon Elite Member

i nominate Assassin's Creed 2