Gamesaves and Gamerpoints....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cardo69, Mar 5, 2009.

1. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

I saw somewhere that you can actually use certain software (i.e Xplorer360) to save your game progress and and gamerscore also for that matter, then upload it to your pc and share it, but now stop me if im wrong or insane, but why would you want some1 elses "gamerscore" or "achievements" on your profile, also you share your progress, like you get it from some website's (se7en sins ever seen it?) they are swopping game saves, so now, why would you buy a game, and then get somebody else's gamesave and load it onto your hdd, then why buy the game?? it just really doesnt make sense, gamerscore is something that you play the game and get, something that you "achieve", its not like its worth anything and like the more you get, you stand a chance to win a prize or something?? Thats just my frustration?? .....

2. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

I've never heard of people saving the gamerscore. However I'm about sure you can transfer your game saves. There may be a site that collects them. I'm not sure. I have heard people hacking on the pc to modify there gamerscore on there account. However mostly likely banned short after.

3. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

Take a look at this site, Gears of War 2 Glitching, Call of Duty 5 Glitching Tutorials - Se7enSins. Com, you might need to subscribe or something, but just take a look at it, i read some forum about gamesaves and gamescore, whereby people upload it to this site, then some1 downloads it and with xplorer360, places it onto there hdd, they then also get the achievement and/or gamerscore.... look, dont get me wrong, its ingenuis, the way they figured this out, but somehow, i find it kinda immorral!

4. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

I find it kinda pathetic. InsaneNutter would probably find it disgusting seeing as he doesn't even like walkthroughs (which I don't mind :P). What's the point in buying a game and then not even playing it? Sure if you're really stuck on one part of a game and feel like there's nothing you can do to continue than to load up a saved game I'd be OK with that. But to just get gamerscore?

5. cardo69

cardo69 Addict

Thats my point, why would you want some1 else's gamerscore?? thats not your achievement....

6. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

People are addicted to getting gamer score, if it’s possible to cheat a system someone will always do so.

I don’t think people buy games and not play them, usually they borrow, rent or just burn a pirated copy of the game to get the achievements unlocked then never play the game again, it will cost them very little if anything to do that.