Gears Kinected?

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Trebor, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

[​IMG]

Epic Games' beefed up Xbox 360 shooter series may be adding a little motion control to its Locust-chainsawing action, according to one report that says Gears of War is getting Kinect enabled.

IGN claims that a "reliable source" has indicated to the publication that some type of Gears of War experience with Kinect support will be unveiled at next month's Spike TV Video Game Awards, where new, exciting announcements tend to happen. Whether that might mean Gears of War 3, Kinect controls patched into some already released Gears game or an all-new entry in the series IGN does not specify.

Last year, when Kinect was still known as Project Natal, Gears of War series designer Cliff Bleszinski said motion controls were "not the kind of thing you tag onto a game like that," referring to the then-unannounced Gears of War 3. But the B also said Kinect was "another amazing way that we can expand the gaming experience to a wider audience and enhance what's already there."

While it seems highly unlikely that a Gears of War game would be playable with Kinect's brand of hands-free gaming, it's certainly possible that it could use some of the sensor's features—like voice recognition—to "enhance" the experience.

We'll know for sure in less than a month. The Spike TV VGAs will be taped on December 11 in Los Angeles.

Update: Cliffy B chimes in on Twitter: "No Kinect in Gears of War 3."

Source: Report: Gears of War Getting Kinect Control

Would the Digiex members who've already bought Kinect be interested in this? How about other members who haven't got Kinect yet? Would this convince you to buy it?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Using voice recognition to enhance the game could pe pretty sweet, i would love to give orders to Delta squad like that. That wouldn't be a major selling point to me though.

3. slimwadey

slimwadey Addict

Surely for that you could just use your headset, like in Endwar .
    Pretty cool feature
    I will be getting Kinect this Xmas for the family, mainly for my 4yr old daughter and kinectimals, right now there are only a few limited games about, i'm sure it will get used a lot in the future though when games are written with it in mind

Slim

4. InsaneNutter

Good point lol

Maybe Gears + Kinect would require you to hide behind the sofa then jump over it to make your guy do the same in the game?... that could be fun! ;)

They are some pretty interesting hacks for Kinect on the PC at the moment

[video=youtube;z5BMtuk116c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5BMtuk116c&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;M-wLOfjVfVc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-wLOfjVfVc&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

[video=youtube;7QrnwoO1-8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QrnwoO1-8A&feature=player_embedded#at=50[/video]

5. slimwadey

slimwadey Addict

Now thats what kinect should be for
    i cant wait until i can use my PC's in the way Robert downey Jr does in Ironman !!

The future is bright
    Slim

6. InsaneNutter

Jourdan Cameron likes this.