Gears of War 2: Combustible Multiplayer Map Pack

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 15, 2008.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Its been released today for 800ms points, MajorNelson had this to say

Gametrailers.com - Gears of War 2 - Combustible Map Pack World Premier Trailer HD

Looks pretty nice but I’ll be waiting until there free as I don’t really believe in paying for game map packs. One of the maps is also from Gears of War for Windows.

2. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

400 Points and id buy them for sure. 800 is a bit steep and the fact that I know 95% of my friends list wont buy it at that price makes it a pointless addon for me, I'll end up playing with bots by myself if I want to play the new levels as no one else would have them.

3. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I think that’s the problem with DLC people like me think it’s a bit of a rip off to pay for a couple of new maps for a console game where as if it was a pc game they would be free.

Then there’s people who think oh sod it I will buy them but no one else they know does so they can only enjoy the map’s by them self’s or with random strangers.

DLC splits online play in half and basically creates two worlds within one online game.

The only DLC for a game I have ever purchased is the stuff for Crackdown, that added so much more to the game and the best bit was if your friends joined the game they could play with all the new content. I think if a friend did buy the maps his friends who join a private game should still be able to play on the maps, just not in public or matchmaking games.