Gears of War or Halo?

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by InsaneNutter, Oct 5, 2008.

?

Which is your favourite?

1. Gears of War

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. Halo

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. Slaz

Slaz Roast as you make toast!

Okay, I've managed to visit that local store again yesterday, and it appears that they had made some cheap 'bundles' of PC games including some GFW titles. Now I got Halo2 and Gears1 for just $30 including 2 free months of LIVE (both games included a month trial). See my gamercard for proof lol.. Gears is running fine but currently Halo2 appears to have annoying shuttering, which is strange because Gears appears to take more of my PC's resources than Halo2.. I'll try to fix this tomorrow probably.

2. SilentBloodShed

SilentBloodShed Member

i luv both gamez but i think that Gears of War has become my fav :D the action and violence is just the best in this game XD! currently im addicted to Gears2

3. P.KID

P.KID Addict

gow2 live sux. :( halos is better in terms of free lag. imo halo all the way.

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I must admit at times I think Gears 1 is better than Gears 2 for online play, for some reason whoever gets chosen to host in match making never seems to have enough upload bandwidth to host a lag free game, it’s a shame there’s no server list like in Gears 1.

It’s ok playing private games as you just get the person with the best net connection to host but its annoying random people can’t join unless there on your friends list.

5. Chubato

Chubato Member

I chose Halo :O
    ehh

*Trebor Edit: Can you expand on why you chose Halo instead of Gears? If not I'll delete this post as spam!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2009
  6. SuperDFXX

SuperDFXX New Member

I would have said Gears until Gears 2 came out - I really hated that game for some reason. Redundant story, chainsaw abusers all over the shop and super lag. I know they have released updates to amend the latter, but I don't have the game any more to test this... :(

Hi all by the way, first post :)

7. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I can’t decide if I like Gears 1 or Gears 2 best, Gears 2 adds a lot more but I had so much more fun with Gears 1, Gears 2 doesn’t seem as fun to me.. It’s hard to explain really.

Welcome to Digiex SuperDFXX :)

8. Elricmon

Elricmon Elite Member

for me its Halo, because I think its a great story and a monumental soundtrack also. despite that, they're both great games, and i'm glad the 360 has these exclusives:D

9. poorinem

poorinem Elite Member

Of Course Gears of War,in every Aspect!

10. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

I'm going to have to say Gears of War. I really enjoyed the first Halo, but the two after that kind of seemed like let downs. I was not let down with Gears 2 (except the matchmaking in multiplayer), and it looks like Gears 3 will be even better.

11. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Obviously Borderlands...er what? I mean huh?

I have to choose Halo as I hate GoW with a passion. I like a game where your feet don't seem to be magnetized to the floor, yeah you can roll but you can't jump or do anything like that.

12. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

In response to that Dark Scyth, I like a game where you can jump too, just not 30 feet in the air like Halo. That's one of the things I liked about ODST, not having the Master Chief's super abilities.