Golden Axe: Beast Rider

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by InsaneNutter, Sep 25, 2008.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Developed exclusively for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, Golden Axe marks the second project from SEGA's San Francisco-based studio, Secret Level, which is also working on the Iron Man movie tie-in.

The next generation Golden Axe is a complete re-imagining of the story that will take gamers on an unforgettable journey. Golden Axe delivers action-RPG thrills as a small band of Riders embark on an epic adventure to recruit allies, expose the enemy and prevent the annihilation of their breed.

Delivering an intense and unique combat experience, players charge into battle on the backs of ferocious beasts or take their chances with the enemy while on foot. Fighting skill, wits and even magic are all called into action as players immerse themselves in the struggle to defeat an evil intent on enslaving the remains of civilization.

Attached Files:

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I was quite surprised when I heard Sega were working on a new Golden Axe game. I’m not really sure what I think of it at the moment, I used to love playing the original one many years ago. The original was a 2D arcade game, this is a 3D Arcade/RPG... not sure if I would actually like it.

Sonic was a great 2D arcade game, then sega made it 3D and added rpg elements in with Sonic Adventure which spoiled it I think, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on the cube was the only good 3D sonic game in my opinion, probly because it had a good story and lots of action without trying to be an RPG at the same time.

I’m interested in this game, however I would defiantly want to play a demo before going out and buying it.

3. Haloman

Haloman Addict

i think that with updated games like this you have to be really weary. they dont have the best track record