Goldeneye remake for the Wii

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by MasterChief, Jun 15, 2010.

1. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

Earlier today, IGN posted a trailer for the oft-rumored remake of the classic Nintendo 64 shooter, GoldenEye. (You've probably heard of it. You very probably spent many of your youthful nights playing it until you fell asleep.) The game is being ported exclusively to the Wii, and has received a fairly noticeable facelift during its transformation. That is to say, a figurative facelift (it's prettier!) and a literal facelift, as Pierce Brosnan has transmogrified into current Bond actor, Daniel Craig.

IGN's trailer has been pulled down by Activision, but a few wise GoldenEye fans managed to capture it while it was still up. You can check out a copy of the trailer posted after the jump. Don't worry -- we're sure any missing details will be provided in the coming, megaton-filled days.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXrYI00lk3E&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Goldeneye Wii Remake[/ame]

2. Goveynetcom

Goveynetcom Member

It was just announced at E3 too, personally I think it looks good but kills all hope of Goldeneye XBLA ever getting released.

3. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

I will be getting this, no question ;). Nintendo must have acquired the rights to Goldeneye before Rare was bought out by Microsoft. That would explain why Goldeneye has not been confirmed for the XBLA. I think it looks great on the Wii and can't wait for the release.

4. Goveynetcom

Goveynetcom Member

Well I knew that, but they had the port done, but where trying to get Nintendo to green light it to be allowed to be released on XBLA. I doubted it would happen, but this kills it entirely.

I'll probably get this too, and that's good (H). But I will always miss the original.

5. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Oh totally, which is a shame. With all the unreleased XBLA games leaking recently I hold out hope of this appearing on the net some day.

GoldenEye Wii should be fun all the same, I own most of the Bond games on the GameCube and loved them, Ill have to emulate this game in Dolphin though as I dont have a Wii.

6. Goveynetcom

Goveynetcom Member

I hope it gets leaked too, I just need a damn Jtag :-@!

But yeah, I will get this one as fast as I can.

7. Icharus_Falling

Icharus_Falling Resident

it looks good, but how many wii games look great but end up having horrible gameplay due to the controls?

8. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Control wise I would expect something like Goldeneye to allow the player to use the classic GameCube controller, if your forced to use the Wii mote I dont see it been that enjoyable at all.