Good Game Remakes

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Dark Scyth, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Earlier I was thinking what games would be a good remake for the next gen consoles and decided to make a list.

Secret of Evermore

Secret of Evermore is one of the greatest SNES games that I have played by far. The gameplay was innovative, it had a turn-based element to it though it wasn't turn-based. You also have a dog that follows you and fights along side you. You could make your dog sniff the ground to find useful materials. These materials were used to cast magic. When you progress futher in the game you would learn better magic and find more rare materials.

[video=youtube;bb8BdicpE0s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb8BdicpE0s[/video]

Final Fantasy VII

Do I really have to explain this one?

[video=youtube;bI6CLYam8g4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI6CLYam8g4[/video]

Rush 2049

Rush 2049 was one of the greatest and most innovative racing games I have ever played. The racing in the game wasn't my favorite part but better then most. What really sold the game for me was the stunt mode and obstacle course. The stunt mode required you to get as many points as possible in the allotted time. The car that you drive in the game have wings that will extend allowing extra maneuverability and making it easier to do flips and to straighten the vehicle while in mid-air.

[video=youtube;f1AMnsZD_KE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1AMnsZD_KE[/video]

Chrono Trigger

Chrono Trigger was one of the first RPG games that I have played and today it still remains one of my favorite. The game had an excellent story. I would love to see this on the XBL arcade, PSP or even a massive 3D makeover would be nice. Though this game was remade (sorta) on PS1 which added excellent sound and music and it was remade on the DS which I don't own.

[video=youtube;Kfm2QtA6IiM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfm2QtA6IiM[/video]

That is my list...though I'm sure there are other games that would make good remakes I just can't think of them. Do you guys have games that you would love to be remade on the next gen consoles?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  2. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

Ocarina of Time without a doubt. If they made it look as decent as other remakes, it would be quite amazing. Another one would have to be Conker's Bad Fur Day. That would be a nice arcade remake.

3. P.KID

P.KID Addict

ocarina of time i luv! :) and the other game bf2. :D

4. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

The best video game remake that needed to be done has already been done! ;)

Good old Bubble Bobble. Anyone whos around the 18-25 age mark who played games when they were young must have played this either in an Arcade or on an Amiga or Nes.

Original (On a NES):

[video=youtube;ZGWZlR3Kgr8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGWZlR3Kgr8[/video]

Remake (On a Wii, though its also on 360 Arcade):

[video=youtube;-_g6qUKTup0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_g6qUKTup0[/video]

Only annoying this is it isnt on 360 Arcade in UK/US yet :( Japan only at the moment until the Summer of Arcade is over :(

Insanenutter, Trebor and Curlysteve cannot wait to be forced to play to level 100 with me ;)

5. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Did Bubble Bobble have a squeal called Rainbow Island or Parasol Stars?

I had Rainbow Island and Parasol Stars on my Amiga 500 and used to love them, they look similar to Bubble Bobble from what I remember.

6. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Rainbow Island is Bubble Bobble 2, another brilliant game! ;) I hope your looking forward to playing it at mine.

7. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I see that Bubble Bobble Wii remake must also only be in Japan at the moment, as it isn't on the Wii shop channel.

8. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Its hit the European Wii Channel, so I'm hoping for that reason the Xbox one will hit europe, and even hopefully America at some point to :)

9. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

The Chaos Engine would be fantastic if it was remade, heck even port it to Xbox Live Arcade and ill be happy!
    One of the very first games I played that featured co-op play.

[video=youtube;Pm-X8zmxpns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm-X8zmxpns[/video]

The video is over an hour long so skip though it ;)

The Chaos Engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. Mackyt

Mackyt Active Member

I'd really like to see a proper re-make of Sonic Adventure 2 (although SA2:Battle on the GameCube is more of a port, with multi-player), but I think that's more of a guilty pleasure.

FF7 doesn't need a re-make, cos it's FF7, and its antiquated graphics are one of the reasons why it is such an..... ANTIQUE! (H)

Chrono Trigger IS being re-made onto the DS

Ocarina of Time can stay where it is, and tbh, most of the N64 line-up can. Although, Star War: Rogue Squadron would be nice to see.

11. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

:O. Who wouldn't want a remake of one of the greatest games ever made?

12. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Chrono Trigger has been on the DS for quite some time if I'm not mistaken.

Dot Hack Series

Since i've softmodded my PS2 i've been able to play this series again (I bought them and sold them and never actually finished the last game.). This game is about a boy(Kite) that plays a game with his friend, before Kite started to play the game the server went down and a 'virus' found its way into the game. Kite was invited to play a match with his friend and he accepted. Though the virus found its way into the level that they were in and does some type of spell that puts Kite's friend into a coma. You find this mysterious girl that gives you a book and from the book you get a bracelet, this bracelet works in the same way as the virus did. Some creatures that are affected by the virus have infinite hit points, the bracelet rewrites their data (Data Drain) to before they had the virus allowing you to kill them. Kite keeps playing the game because he thinks he will find how to cure his friend by playing the game. This series was 4 games long. After you finished the first dot hack game it could be transferred to the second one so you could keep your level and items. You could use one game save from the first game to the last one. (This game reminds me of Phantasy Star Universe on 360...except Dot Hack is actually good.)

[video=youtube;3hHiUGe7gXk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hHiUGe7gXk[/video]

13. Mackyt

Mackyt Active Member

Oh god so it has. Sorry.

See, I don't agree with that statement, cos basically, I loved Wind Waker much more, and strictly speaking, you got an OoT Master edition thingy with Wind Waker, which made it much, MUCH harder. I've never really liked it that
    much either, it just never really did it for me. It's always seen as 'best action game' or simply 'best game', but I beleive there are much better out there.

Digimon was better

14. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

|-) Instead of trying to say what was better how about you make your own list? Not everyone would agree with that, as I think Digimon is horrible but I'm not just say that its horrible and then still actually have not much, if anything to do with this thread.

15. Mackyt

Mackyt Active Member

I've already done a list. I can't think of anything more, off of the top of my head. So, now I'm passing un-just and bias critique and judgement upon other people's suggestions. ;)

And if you want me to link it back into the thread. Digimon World 2/3 were both pretty snazzy games, and an 'up-to-date' version would be appreciated (although no, pokemon-style, addition of extra digimon from anything after Series Three, cos it gets a bit weird after that point).