Google Chrome vs IE on Channel 4 News

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by Hoffman, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Hoffman

Hoffman Addict

An interesting video to watch on the Channel 4 website

Apparently Google are advertising Chrome everywhere and Microsoft are keen to point out Google will know all the websites you visit if you are a Chrome user.

2. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Very difficult argument, because its true to a degree, as the google chrome address bar is also a search. But at the same time, IE8 and Firefox do the same when you type in there search bars, every keystroke is sent to there to. The problem is the way chrome puts the address bar and the search bar together, something I personally very much like. And google has admitted this fact, and has disclosed that its all anonymous, and 98% of the data gathered is deleted.

Personally, if you search the internet you accept that your searches will be saved, and collected against you, nothing new there.

3. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx The Feature Man

Chrome is my choice, it has features. Microsoft can tell me all about chrome's data collecting. I'll never switch back.

4. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

I sense your a person who likes "features"

5. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

I have tried both Google Chrome and IE8. I tend to like Chrome better because of its speed and features as KingBurnz mentioned. I do like IE8 as well, but I think that Chrome may have a longer lasting appeal with its users than IE8 will.