Google Wallet Flaw Allows Digital Pickpocket

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Popcorn, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Popcorn

Popcorn Active Member

Hello,

Another post. Reading my friends blog got me thinking about how secure your information is with Google wallet, it turns out not at all, in short you have to phone Google tell then to deactivate your card if your thinking about selling your Google wallet enabled phone. An reasonably old article but still has me wondering.

Link: Google Wallet Flaw Allows Digital Pickpocket | PCWorld

Its pretty clear that you really cannot trust anyone or anything with your personal information. Even with random key generator for your password, the sad thing is if there is malware such as a key logger on your hardware then sorry chap but you could be, well screwed. I think that to this day i am probably lucky that I am yet (touch wood) to be violated by these crimes. Its also worth noting that these crimes as you may think are not hooded little thugs with knives, they are really smart people who know what and how to exploited the vulnerabilities of these major organisation that are all bidding to hold your money so they too can spend it all before you have the chance.

Just think what it must have been like back in the day when you owned one thing and your could barter with another for what you wanted. (Are we going backwards people)

Thanks for reading the latest rant LOL

Popcorn

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2012
  2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Its like anything, if a human created it a human can exploit it. As the title says its the digital version of a pickpocket.

Google Wallet limits the payments to small transactions from what i have read, up to $15 i think. However unless there is a limit to the amount you can spend per day then you could soon be left with no cash in your account.

I believe it is long since patched now however.