GoW1 Weekend on GoW2

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by InsaneNutter, May 23, 2009.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Epic has announced another Gears of War 2 weekend event. This weekend, the sequel will get a touch of the original Gears of War experience, as Epic will be turning off the concussion from smoke grenades (thank you!), and limiting team size to four in public matches in the Execution - Warzone, Annex - KOTH, and Guardian - Submission playlists. The madness has started as of 9 AM EST this morning and will continue through Tuesday, May 26, at 9 AM EST. You can thank Memorial Day for that extra day of fun, folks!

Source

Great stuff, I actually had a couple of games for once.

2. P.KID

P.KID Addict

i dont get it. why do people still play gow 1/2? i got boered after a moth or so with those games. :l

3. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

It took a whole month? It took me about an hour or so to get bored of it.

4. InsaneNutter

I loved Gears 1, I used to play that all the time and thought it was amazing. Gears 2 wasn’t a bad game... the multiplayer just has a lot of small annoyances that put me off playing it.

I don’t like the match making system, bring back the server list browser from Gears 1.

It was nice just to be able to host your own game, invite a few friends than have the extra places taken up by random people on Xbox Live, you actually got to know the people you were playing with and usually ended up adding each other so you could easily get a game going another day.

It’s so annoying having to match make all the time in Gears 2, I never had problems with laggy games in Gears 1 either because I could host or a friend with an equally good upload speed hosted and not some random person running p2p applications lagging the game out for everyone.

I know you can sort of do this in Gears but it’s hard to fill the game up as there’s no list of games in progress for random people to join and fill the empty slots up.

I also I wasn’t keen on a lot of the new maps amongst other things...I could go on but I won’t :P

Maybe I’m just too used to Gears 1?

Rant over ;)

5. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Not a big fan of matchmaking in any game on Xbox Live really, sure it has supposed advantages like matching player skill etc but it seems to me that this isn't always the case. I'd rather them reimplement the server browser they had in Gears 1 for Gears 2.

6. InsaneNutter

I can’t honestly say matchmaking works too well in my opinion, I’ve noticed if just one person in your party is a higher rank than everyone else you end up getting matched with people much much better than you.

7. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

I think Matchmaking works for when you want a challenging fun game with random people, and its brilliant in games like Halo.

However Server Browsing should also be an option for those or just wanna join a low ping custom server. I dont get why they couldnt offer both :(