Halo 3: ODST Has Generated Over $125 Million in Sales

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by KillerWhiteMan, Oct 9, 2009.

1. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

[​IMG]

Halo 3: ODST Sales Total $125 Million Thus Far

Halo 3: ODST is the third fastest selling game to come out on the Xbox 360. The game is not only still flying off the shelves of stores, it is quickly becoming another large cash-gathering game for Microsoft. It has generated over $125 million.

USA Today is also reporting that comics, books, videos, and action figures are planned for the next six years adding more value to Microsoft's killer app. And according to Frank O'Connor "eventually it will become very apparent that their is a plan for the way the canon all ties together and the way the comic books and the novels all tie together," he said.

2. Haloman

Haloman Addict

This doesn't really suprise me. It was said that when the game went on sale it was the fastest selling game since Gears 2. Halo always wasi and always is a big seller

3. popingo

popingo New Member

I agree, but Halo is a good game anyway :D

4. Haloman

Haloman Addict

Yeah that's what I was meaning. Halo is a great game. I was just saying that the series a a whole is always gonna sell big. it's a firm money maker.

5. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

Having determined that this game created a lot of revenue, I can only imagine how much money Halo: Reach will generate. I imagine that it will make more money than all of the other Halo games, seeing as how it is the last Halo game (supposedly), and it is one that fans have been wanting since they read the Fall of Reach novel.

6. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Wasn’t Halo 3 supposed to be the last Halo game? Then it was announced it would only be the last with the master chief?

They will never stop making Halo games people go crazy for them!

I remember the Halo 3 beta, every single on my friends list who was online at the time was in Crackdown waiting to download the beta ;)

7. Haloman

Haloman Addict

well aparentley Halo Reach will be the last halo game that bungie will work on. though i suspect they will find it harder than they think to leave the series behind. cus they will always be known as the guys that made halo

8. InsaneNutter

I can’t name anything Bungie have done that’s not Halo related, I know they did something in the 90’s I have no idea what though.

9. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

They made Oni for PS2 and they made Myth series and Marathon series I believe.

10. kookmasteraj

kookmasteraj Active Member

I didn't think this game was really that amazing. As soon as I beat the game on legendary I got the vidmaster achievements and went back to halo for my reconz

11. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

I haven't played the game since I finished it either. I'm sure if me and my mates are ever bored we could always play a few games of Firefight but they're are so many games out to play right now so god knows when I'll start playing.

12. InsaneNutter

You must be pretty good to get the vidmaster achievements kookmasteraj.

Both of them look practically impossible to me, tried to go for the firefight one with 4 people and we didn’t even get half way.