Halo 3: Prepare to Drop

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by Trebor, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet. Bungie released a new video that seems to be a new campaign for Halo 3:

Bungie recently let us in on their mystery project with “Keep it Clean” - a teaser trailer for their upcoming Halo 3 campaign expansion DLC. You will take command of UNSC Marine Corps Special Forces ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Troopers aka Helljumpers) unit and finish the fight in the urban setting of New Mombassa.

While no official release date has been given at this point - it is worth noting that a date is shown during the trailer, the above screen capture taken around the 0:37 mark clearly displays the date, 01/06/09 or Tuesday, January 6, 2009 - this is not confirmed but could very well be the date for release on Xbox LIVE.

The screenshots below show off the very detailed urban environment before and after view of New Mombassa and also the ODST escape pod crash landing.

Source

At first I thought it was something to do with Master Chief falling from the sky. If you've completed Halo 3 on legendary you'll get where I'm coming from. Anyway it seems you won't be playing MC so this could be a little different than what we're used to from Bungie. All in all, it looks interesting and I'm willing to download it when it's out. What are your thoughts?

2. Haloman

Haloman Addict

his should be interesting. though i would like a continuation of the master chiefs story it will be interesting to see the story through the eyes of an ordinary soldier.

do you think that it will be in the form of a live update or a seperate disk?

3. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

It'll probably most likely be DLC through Live I bet although with Halo 2 Bungie did release a disk with those maps they made so who knows, they might do the same for this.

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I would say downloadable content, it’s cheaper for them to distribute it. If it adds another 8 hours to the game I guess they will be able to get away as selling it as an expansion pack in shops... its hard to say though when so little is known.

5. Haloman

Haloman Addict

i think the length of the content will be the deciding factor. the sorter the content the more likley it will be a live update