Halo: Reach "better across the board"

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by MunkyMagikUK, Jan 12, 2010.

1. MunkyMagikUK

MunkyMagikUK Digiex Blogger

"Bungie's shown Halo: Reach and revealed an impressive new engine that is far and away the best the series has seen.

According to an article in Game Informer magazine, scans of which have popped up on the internet, motion capture is being used for the first time. Image Metrics - the company behind the mesmerising Emily demo - is in charge of facial animation. State changes from walking to running to sprinting should also now look believable, as should pivoting on the ground.

There's a new weather system, and Bungie has made the sky into a real object that ships can descend out of and onto the planet from.

Whereas Halo 3 could handle three or four dynamic light sources on-screen at one time, Halo: Reach can handle 20 to 40. And there are double the amount of enemies on-screen in Halo: Reach, not to mention a greater visual quality both at range and up close."

Halo: Reach "better across the board" News | Xbox 360 | Eurogamer

Below is the link to the meeting Emily Video which I'm sure you'll agree is quite amazing. The video uses the technology right up until 1:30 where it switches back to the real actress.

[video=youtube;bLiX5d3rC6o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLiX5d3rC6o[/video]

If you read the article you'll see that there are new weapons in Halo: Reach as well as the reintroduction of the health bar among many other things. Looks really promising to me!

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

That is pretty amazing if you ask me, just something about here eyes, they look almost real... just not quite.. cant put my finger on it.

Good find (Y)

3. P.KID

P.KID Addict

looks fab. lets hope that this is the game that will set new benchmarks for gaming this decade! :D

4. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

From that video, I think we can be assured that the graphics for this Halo will be the best in the series. If Bungie and Microsoft can pull this technology off without any hitches, we will definitely see a new benchmark like P.KID said.

5. P.KID

P.KID Addict

MasterChief likes this.
  6. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

Thanks kiddy, saved it for my collection of Halo stuff ;)

Its scary just how real that video looks...

7. P.KID

P.KID Addict

Source: Game Informer Magazine