Happy Birthday, Half-Life!

Discussion in 'News and Article Submission' started by xzKinGzxBuRnzx, Nov 21, 2008.

1. xzKinGzxBuRnzx

xzKinGzxBuRnzx Moderator

[​IMG]
    Half-Life

As some of you may know today is the birthday of Half-Life. <:o) Steam is offering a deal for this game. $0.98 The original price is $9.99. This offer ends on November 21st at 12:01PM PST. So the deal is ending very soon. I would suggest that all who doesn't have this purchase it now, while it is so cheap! Of course if your a big fan of Half-life, you can get more games in a package value. ​

Packages that include this game​

Half-Life 1 Anthology:
    Includes: Team Fortress Classic, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Half-Life, Half-Life: Blue Shift
    $14.99

Half-Life Complete:
    Includes: Team Fortress Classic, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Half-Life, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two
    $49.99

Valve Complete Pack:
    Includes: Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Day of Defeat, Deathmatch Classic, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Ricochet, Half-Life, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life Deathmatch: Source, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Portal, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Peggle Extreme
    $99.99

About the Game:
    Title: Half-Life
    Genre: Action
    Developer: Valve
    Publisher: Valve
    Release Date: Nov 19, 1998
    Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese

Named Game of the Year by over 50 publications, Valve's debut title blends action and adventure with award-winning technology to create a frighteningly realistic world where players must think to survive. Also includes an exciting multiplayer mode that allows you to play against friends and enemies around the world.

Features single and multi-player.

System Requirements:
    Minimum: 500 mhz processor, 96mb ram, 16mb video card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection
    Recommended: 800 mhz processor, 128mb ram, 32mb+ video card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Source

Attached Files:

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I see the minimum requirements have gone up since I played it lol

On the back of our CD case it says:
    Windows 95/98
    Pentium 133+
    24mb of ram
    Double Speed CD Rom
    28.8+ modem

Half life supports a variety of 3d cards but one is not required.
    I remember spending many hours playing this back in 1998/9 and wondering how the graphics could ever get any better, where you start on the train was amazing to me back then.

You have made me want to load Steam up and play this again!

3. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

Shockingly I've never finished HL1. I think I played HL2 first and then wanted to see how the story all started but never got round to finishing the first game. I've read plenty on the story of the Half Life games to know how the first game ends so I think I'll give the game another spin soon to experience it for myself.

4. Trisha Takanawa

Trisha Takanawa Well-Known Member

At that price, I've bought a copy! Lost my old copy of the game which I had before Steam.