Hello and need advice on Xbox360 setting up an external drive

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by robrob, Oct 3, 2020.

1. robrob

robrob New Member

Hi all, while I modded the original xbox's, I got lazy and paid to have my 360 modded for my kids (so I am missing some information about how it all works). Flash forward a few years and the xbox forgotten and the ext drive reformatted and reused.

Now I would like to revive the box and I am trying to figure out how to setup the HDD again to get back to where I was.

I have cr4xl mod chip, when I boot via eject button I see the xell reloaded v0.993-git-7466b6d blue screen and then it goes through the process of looking for the external drive...then servers but never boots to the dashboard I used to see.

I am looking for instructions on how to setup the HDD so it can boot to the a dashboard and when needed plug into my pc where I still have the app that let me add files to the external HDD. I see that I can use the xbox to format it in the right way but then I still need to figure out how to get it booting to the dashboard and showing any files that I place on the drive.

I hope that makes a little sense.

Thanks in advance...have searched high and low to figure this out...I am sure it is right under my nose but just not finding it.

2. muzamil

muzamil Elite Member

Make sure it is formatted as fat32.. And your xbox is jtag/rgh.. Then you need to go to storage and then hard drive and from at it.. And you hdd is ready to use

3. muzamil

muzamil Elite Member

Use xex menu to explore hdd files on xbox 360 and.. Use horizon to see file of hdd on pc..

4. SpongeDoug

SpongeDoug Member

I use FatExplorer to move stuff around on Xbox 360 drives and reformat them. - Note this program runs on the PC and you need to attach the Xbox 360 drive via the HDD Copy connector to read it - or if you're adventurous, pull the drive out and use a SATA usb enclosure.