Help? New TV

Discussion in 'Computer and Gadget Help Center' started by AntiNaz, Jan 17, 2011.

1. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

Hello, I have returned to Digiex in need of help. I now have a Samsung 55" LED TV and have been having some slight issues with gaming. I've recently noticed that when I am playing games, when I'm quickly moving/looking around and I see dark object on screen, it seems to leave a trail. I'm quite sure this is ghosting but since you guys are geniuses, I would like your personal insight. What should I change to make the best picture? I'm running it through HDMI but the cord is freakishly long... (21 foot) and would getting a shorter one help? Maybe I should change it to 60hz for optimum gameplay? I need assistance and demand it now in the name of sharks and Canadia!

2. BigRod989

BigRod989 Addict

a shorter HDMI cable could, because over long distance like that there is signal degeneration I believe it gets worse after 8 feet, and most the time a faster refresh rate like 75 or 120 if your tv can do it might help because its loading the images on the screen a little faster (50/50 change that turning up the rate might help) are you going from a PC or Game Console?

and demands never go far ;)

3. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Does your TV have a gaming mode? Most HDTV's have this problem when it comes to game consoles but if it has a game mode that usually fixes the problem.

4. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

I found it! The game mode was hidden in the GENERAL settings... Pfft, what was Samsung thinking!? It should be an option on its own. My 6 foot HDMI cable is coming in within the week, so I eagerly await better signal ;) Thanks Scyth and Rod!

5. Nimrod

Nimrod Exotic Vendor

Take a photo of its features ;)

6. LeeClynch3

LeeClynch3 Resident

is it 50hz because if it is switch it to 60hz because my brothers does that :-@

or doesnt it support 60hz ??<:o)

7. AntiNaz

AntiNaz Addict

Back to this, I think I've fixed it... I've turned on Game Mode and adjusted the Hz, seems to be working okay.