Hmmmm.... what console to buy for € 300,-?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by paardje, Dec 1, 2011.

1. paardje

paardje Addict

Just wondering: I soon get € 300,- to buy a new console, but which one should I get? PS3, XBOX 360 or WII? (in the past I had my fair share of fault with the XBOX 360, like the last one with the red ring of death, yuch!), PS3 is liked by hackers and the WII is just plain ugly (graphically!!) But then again, which one shall I buy?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Really it should come down to the games and services offered on the console, buy which ever offers you the games / services that most appeal to you.

For me personally the 360 has significantly more exclusives i want to play than both the PS3 and Wii combined. The PSN and what ever you want to call the Wii's online service just cant compete with Xbox Live in my eyes.

All 3 of the consoles can be hacked, the Wii has more homebrew content however the 360 has some pretty nice stuff too, such as a soon to be released Dreamcast emulator which is coming along very nice.

For 300 euro you could easily buy an Xbox 360 + Kinect, or even an Xbox 360 + a Wii.

3. Michael_T

Michael_T Addict

If like good graphics , the buy a Ps3 . If you want good online gameplay , the you should buy a 360 . XBox Live is the best online service there is.
    Don't go for the Wii , because Nintendo is now focusing on the Wii-U ( the new Wii ) .

paardje likes this.
  4. xXTacoGuyXx

xXTacoGuyXx Addict

Go for the Xbox360 Slim + Kinect Bundle. I don't have a slim (already got an arcade) but i have played on one. It is certainly worth the money. WAY less problems with it.

5. paardje

paardje Addict

But I heard even the slim has a risk of the RROD... but I won't take my chances to see that happen again!

6. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Everything has the risk of breaking, loads of old PS3's have the YLOD or Blu-ray drive problems.

360's are a lot more reliable than they used to be, the newer the 360 the cooler they run. Just look after it and you will be fine, never run it on the floor (will suck in less dust) and don't keep it in an enclosed space.

Just for the record my launch 360 lasted 4 years before it got the rrod, even then the rrod probably had something to do with me jtagging it as it died two weeks after that. My brothers 360 is now 5 years old and still going strong (Y)

As i said go for the console which has the games you want and dont let past experiences put you off :)