Hopes for E3 2010?

Discussion in 'Gaming Hangout' started by KillerWhiteMan, May 7, 2010.

1. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

So with E3 slowly approaching next month, what are you guys looking forward to seeing at E3? It can be either games or hardware, or anything else you may be looking forward to. Also which of the three companies (Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo) do you think will have the best presentation and "win" E3?

Personally I can't decide which game I'm most looking forward to because there are so many good ones! ;) I think Microsoft will end up taking home E3, and they can probably do it with three things alone: Gears of War 3, Halo: Reach, and Project Natal. It will be a close race between them and Sony since Sony will be revealing Killzone 3, Resistance 3 (highly likely), inFamous 2, and will be showing off Playstation Move.

Nintendo has a chance as well with their new Zelda unveiling, and the possibility of an HD Wii or even the Wii 2. Both have been rumored this year and E3 will show whether or not the rumors are true.

So you've read my rambling, now let me hear your thoughts...

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Without trying to sound like a fanboy E3 is all about the 360 for me, same as killer really i'm looking forward to Gears of War 3, Halo Reach and Project Natal.

Playstation Move will be interesting to see, although you still need some magic wand in your hand where as natal tracks the movement of your body, natal is the more interesting of the two to me.

For Nintendo game wise I dont think there going to announce anything that will be of interest to me, Nintendo is all about Mario Kart, Smash Bros and Pokemon. Its unlikely the new Pokemon game will be at E3 so Nintendo really dont appear to have much to show that will appeal to me.... but we will see, I dont think were gonna see a HD Wii this year, as MS and Sony dont plan on launching another console anytime soon. Would certainly be interesting if a HD Wii was revealed however.

3. MasterChief

MasterChief Addict

Its all about Halo Reach and Gears 3 for me too, I would like to see a HD Wii from Nintendo as Wii games look way better on my PC than they do on a proper Wii... :S The Wii is fun, however the graphics look so dated on it... with natal the 360 will be like super charged Wii and from what I hear 360 + Natal will be cheaper than a Wii anyway...

4. Trebor

Trebor Dolphin Fan

I'm always interested in handhelds Nintendo bring out so more information on the 3DS would be nice. Apart from that it'll probably just be about Gears of War 3, perhaps Crackdown 2 as well and whetever else is coming in the next year or so. Hopefully there'll be announcements on more new games (not that I need any of them right now....).

5. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

I can only hope they show a 360 with afterburners.

A/B 103

6. Titcher

Titcher Addict

A few teasers on Civilisation 5 would be nice. Not really bothered by the console side of things.

7. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Any idea what else is expected for PC's at E3 this year?

Ive not really followed much to do with PC gaming these last few months.

8. Titcher

Titcher Addict

I don't really know to be honest with you. I'm not one for following E3 and things like that. Just expect the usual types of things, impractical controllers, a few games that'll never get released and then a few good games. Although there might be some displays of the Nvidia 480 GTXs and some of EVGAs new stuff, like their dual monitor thing, I can't quite remember the name, but it's two 17" monitors on a special bracket, so that they can be pushed about a bit, as well as flipped around. Most things revealed PC wise at E3 are ludicruously expensive and superficial.

9. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

No one likes the Afterburner idea D:? Well I guess I'm looking forward to them showing Crysis 2 for 360, which I know they will. Can't really say i'm looking forward to much else.

10. KillerWhiteMan

KillerWhiteMan Burnout Racer

I think Crysis 2 is going to run better on the PS3 to be honest. It already looks better on the PS3 and the developers even said that it will perform better on the PS3 hardware. It is nice to see such an exceptional PC-originated game to come to consoles. I'm sure that when the first Crysis came out, nobody expected that a future game could run on consoles.

11. Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Moderator

Yeah, it'll probably be a little better on the PS3 but even though I have a PS3 I'm still going for the 360 version. My friend even tried to convince me to get the PS3 version of Final Fantasy XIII because the graphics are slightly better, colors slightly more vibrant and no disc swapping but I didn't care, 360 is and will remain as my main console.