How Can I Play the Burned PlayStation 1 Discs without a Mod Chip or Disc-Swapping?

Discussion in 'Computer and Technology Discussion' started by Magnus122, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Magnus122

Magnus122 New Member

I am trying to figure out a way to play the burned PlayStation 1 discs without a mod chip or disc-swapping. Using the CD-R disc can work. Yes. Sure. But, I need to look deeper on playing the burned PlayStation 1 discs without a mod chip or disc-swapping.

From SCPH-1XXX to SCPH-1XX, using a mod chip or disc-swapping on the later models of PlayStation 1 is not a good idea. Using a mod chip does not work on some PlayStation 1 models, and disc-swapping might damage the laser lens inside the PlayStation 1 models. Using the GameShark discs can work, and it can work on the North American PlayStation 1 models, but I am not sure that it can work on the European PlayStation 1 models and the Japanese PlayStation 1 models. I know that tonyhax works on the North American PlayStation 1 models and the European PlayStation 1 models, but that software does not work on the Japanese PlayStation 1 models. Using the Verbatim DataLife Plus CD-R discs can work, so I can give that a try.

Any other methods that any of you can think of to play the burned PlayStation 1 discs without a mod chip or disc-swapping is highly appreciated.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

3. Magnus122

Magnus122 New Member

I think that GameShark should work on the Japanese PlayStation 1 models. I also think that there is not a Japanese version of GameShark.

If I have a PlayStation 1 model that does not have the I/O parallel port, using the GameShark discs is fine. No I/O parallel device can work on any PlayStation 1 model that does not have the I/O parallel port.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2021