How do i remove a credit card from itunes?

Discussion in 'Computer and Gadget Help Center' started by InsaneNutter, Mar 23, 2012.

1. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

I'm trying to help my friend out with his iPhone.

Basically he has added a pre-paid visa card to his itunes account, it worked fine however he no longer has this card so wants to remove it.

I just cant see an option to do this, ive read a fair few tutorials online which all appear to say he should be able to remove it at this screen here by selecting none.

[​IMG]

Basically he has £15 on his itunes account, however because he has a card associated with his account it will not let him spend this £15, or remove the card :S

Ive not really used iTunes so if im missing the obvious do point it out! however i have looked in just about every menu possible and really dont see any way to remove a card, or to just use the £15 on the account instead.

2. Rockman

Rockman Godlike

3. InsaneNutter

Yup seen that one too, but thanks! The problem he has is the option for "None" is just not there, which is what everyone is saying you need to pick to remove it.

I think something must be up with his account, i found something on the apple website where you can request someone to give you a call, so ive done that for him. Hopefully they will get him sorted out.

4. GILLY

GILLY Elite Member

He has a outstanding balance which is why the "None" option isn't showing up, add a new card pay the outstanding balance then remove the card & add the £15 ;)

Seem's Apple won't let you pay off a outstanding balance with a pre-paid retail card so that's why.

InsaneNutter likes this.
  5. InsaneNutter

Ah thanks for that Gilly! he does has some subscriptions to sky sports on there so i guess one of them has tried to auto renew and failed.

It's a bit daft how Apple will not let you use your pre paid card, money is money at the end of the day.

Is there anyway i can find out what he owes, if anything? the only iOS device i own is a hacked Apple TV so cant really mess around and find this out myself.

6. Rick

Rick Moderator

Maybe apple doesn't accept prepaid credit cards.You have to do this,(taken from the first post)
    [​IMG]

7. InsaneNutter

I believe they do as he had purchased some stuff with it in the past, however he no longer has the card.

I guess he could try getting another and see if its accepted, then it might let him remove them all once any money he might owe is paid.